Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Wax

Notebook

I'm with you on using a sealant.

I used Collinite 476S wax initially on my metallic decuma grey Yaris and it provided great shine and durability, but when you looked at it from a shallow angle, you couldn't see the metallic sparkle properly.

The experts reckon that a wax isn't as optically clear as a sealant. (And certainly when you see a tinful, its quite opaque...) Story goes that wax is good on solid paint colours and a sealant is better on clearcoats as its optically clearer.

So I've switched to using this acrylic kit and its brilliant.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/werkstat-acrylic-kit-cat1.html

Its been on for six months now (I put about three or four coats of Jett on last September...) and its still got a brilliant shine and is still beading water.

For its spring polish, I've since bought a bottle of Poorboys Blackhole glaze from the same shop. They've tested the products together and say that they all work well and that the glae will give it an even better wet look finish. (It goes on between the Prime base coat and the Jett sealant...)

Some piccies of the results here...

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=98485

The werkstat kit is superb used it on my bro's car. So easy to use as a spray too :)

I've just detailed the car ready for summer using Blackhole and Megs #16 Wax and its looking good, beading like a !Removed! too :thumbsup:

Brothers car

ImportedPhotos00010-1.jpg

ImportedPhotos00000-3.jpg

I'll get pics of mine on Sunday :)

• 3 years later...

Megs 26 paste wax is also a very good product I have found that with the right prep you don't need tobe spending any more than £20 on wax to get great result. Don't get sucked into all the fancy products out there .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links