Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Funeral

Pompey Gaz

my great uncle died this week and the funeral is next wednesday. I'm going in my black shoes with brown squares subtly on them, black pin striped suit, black shirt. But i dunno what tie to wear. I have a white one, black one with patterns like my shoes but silver and a baby blue and silver tie. Which one should i wear?

200804100943_215.jpg

200804100944_216.jpg

200804100944_217.jpg

tbh you dont have to wear all black nowadays. Just go with the dark colours n tie if you feel its more respectable. We went to a funeral recently and the guy was a Man United fan so we all wore red n white! I think if you wear sober colours n show respect thats all that will be needed.

As I've said, when I was in a similar situation I bought a plain white shirt & plain black tie & if I didn't have them now & I had a funeral to go to I'd go & do it again.

The thing is though, he's your uncle so it's no TOCers place to tell you how to dress at his funeral, have a word with your mum and/or dad & then wear whatever feels right

I always make the effort of a dark suit, white shirt and black tie, but then I am a grumpy old man :lol:

At least you are making the effort to wear a suit and tie, many won't, you could buy a black tie from any of the supermarkets with a clothing section for very little money. I have a couple of them sitting in the wardrobe ready for such events

Kingo :thumbsup:

Sorry for being pass-remarkable, but don't wear the middle (brown) suit in its present state ! :o

It looks like it is straight out of a tumble dryer. I don't mean to be insulting, but was a Dry Cleaner for a lot of my liife, & couldn't help noticing :eek:

It does not matter what you wear, as long as your there.

Condolences for your wider family

yes the most important thing is that you are there

Wear a black suit, a white shirt and get a black tie

If you dont it wont matter, and I cant imagine anyone saying did you see that Gaz he was wearing a tie with white in it

id go with a dark coloured tie, but as said before, aslong as u dont go dressed inappropriatly ie: clown costume, im sure that ull look fine.

just for your information Gaz, you don't tie ties in the same way you tie shoelaces !

Sorry to hear about your uncle

Personally speaking.. a black tie is a must for funerals. If you can buy one then you should.. unfortunately, as we get older, we find ourselves making more use of them :(.. so it's a purchase that is worthwhile.

My Condolences go to you and your family.

thank you everyone.

Bizarra thats my shirt, lol obviously it will be ironed before hand lol and its black

I've spoken to Jess, Abbiee and Leanne and they've all said the white one with the black shirt. Its like the white shirt black tie but with a twist.

I'm in two minds. On one hand i get to see alot of the family i aint seen in a while but its for the wrong reasons.

Rich i used to have to wear a tie to school, and it was on elastic, i've robbed a Morrisons one and thats a clip so maybe its not me with PROPER ties that needs the lessons :P I know how to do them :D

thank you everyone.

Bizarra thats my shirt, lol obviously it will be ironed before hand lol and its black

I've spoken to Jess, Abbiee and Leanne and they've all said the white one with the black shirt. Its like the white shirt black tie but with a twist.

I'm in two minds. On one hand i get to see alot of the family i aint seen in a while but its for the wrong reasons.

That's always the way with funerals...imo.........you see family you may not want to see and the family you do want to see you just happen to be burying that day.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links