Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 1.3tr Back To Toyota

4raver

As above...we have now driven the car for 2500 miles and the problems still persist...notchy second gear, clicking clutch peddle, noisy clutch and graunchy brakes...so it is going back to Toyota for them to sort out under the warranty....it is so upsetting to have had the same problems with a 54 plate blue and after all this time they have not resolved the issues...you will laugh but a chief engineer at Toyota said that the "niggles " were a feature of the car and not problems as such.....Pi-llock!...I will keep you posted.

sorry to ask a really stupid question...

Do you need to pay them to inspect the car (without actually making any repairs), especially if it was bought brand new and still covered under warranty???

My gear probs had loosen up for a while... But It has come back now :(

Do you need to pay them to inspect the car (without actually making any repairs), especially if it was bought brand new and still covered under warranty???

Nooooo, if the car is under warranty you don't pay for anything, inspection or repairs.

Nope just ring them and book the car in and dont take no for an answer...your warranty covers everything.

Even when my cars have gone out of warranty I've *never* paid to have a car looked at by my local Mr T, I just take it in, tell them what the symptoms are, they look at it or test drive it and give me an estimate for the work required. Cost = £0.00

it is so upsetting to have had the same problems with a 54 plate blue and after all this time they have not resolved the issues

yeah i agree with that. my old yaris had squeeky brakes.i took it in the garage 2 or 3 times and they had claimed to have fixed it but nothing changed.because of that i didnt want to buy another car from the said dealership and now im getting the squeeking on and off when im just coming to a stop (started within 2 weeks of having the car).kinda ironic because before my first yaris i had a fiat cinquecento and never had one squuek or problem with that. the squeek may not do it for ages then i may get it a couple of times in a row.

its been in the garage once for a the ball bearing in the aircon not working properly (whatever that is) and they said they heard no squeeking so couldnt do anything. how exactly are you supposed to get them to fix something when they just say we cant hear anything when it goes on a test drive. yet u can bet as soon as i take the car home it will do it again. its as annoying as hell and i know very well if i take the car in if it gets worse they will say its fixed when it probably isnt.

how exactly are squeeky brakes fixed? so i can tell them what i want doing. all they did with my last yaris was put abit of oil on certain parts and said it was done.

I think you need to go out with them on the test drive. Obviously dealerships vary (I seem to be very fortunate) but usually I can find a mechanic who has 5 minutes spare and he sits in the car as *I* drive because *I* am the one that can replicate the problem easily.

Go in and say you want a mechanic to sit in the car with you as *you* drive, as long as you know there is a fair chance that the problem will arise within a few minutes or miles of you taking said mechanic with you.

Hope this helps :)

To the original poster - is it a 1.3tr? what year is it? Surely if it's a 54 reg its out or warranty by now? Or was that your original car, and if you had the same problems with it, why did you go and buy another Yaris!?

And I think we've all heard the niggles 'are a feature of the car' before. Its absolute rubbish and a great example of being fobbed off.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links