Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Twin Exhausts & Weight?

OldSkoO1

Hi all,

Still toying with the idea of getting the twin exhausts for my t180

But worried about the weight. Anyone know if they are heavier than the standard system and by how much.

And whether the increase in weight will effect performance. Also read that having an exhaust too big can reduce torque.

So last thing i want to do is spent that money to loose power and torque!

Hi all,

But worried about the weight. Anyone know if they are heavier than the standard system and by how much.

And whether the increase in weight will effect performance. Also read that having an exhaust too big can reduce torque.

Been looking at this option too, anybody with experience would be great help.

Hello just had the twin exhausts and rear skirt fitted to my Auris 2.0 D4D does not slow the car down, if anything seems a bit nippier and am also using Shell v power diesel and is very responsive, seems to me combination of both improves performance. :thumbsup:

malco 666 - how much did that set you back and what effect did it have on the sound?

How certain are you of a performance increase?

Hello the price for both have dropped very much, if you check with your toyota dealer you will be suprised. When i was using city diesel from our local supermarket the car seemed a bit slow on accelaration, but after putting in Shell v power diesel and with the twin exhausts seems a lot more responsive, their does not seem to be a noise differance with the twin exhausts on maybe because they each have their own back box. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Hi all,

There is not much weight difference.

About loosing torque in a standard setting, i didn't test.

But after chip tuning, I gained a few hunderd extra rpm's cause the pressure was getting too high on the rear muffler. The rear muffler was even starting to whistle above 3.800 rpm.

By installing the twin exhaust this issue was solved

Hope it helps

The rear muffler was even starting to whistle above 3.800 rpm.
I presume the t180 was already tuned for performance and chip tuning it put more put demand on the other parts. I presume you went for more than 20%. gain What next for you a new turbo or you satisfied? t180 has an upgraded turbo so it probably wont make any difference.

The rear muffler was even starting to whistle above 3.800 rpm.
I presume the t180 was already tuned for performance and chip tuning it put more put demand on the other parts. I presume you went for more than 20%. gain What next for you a new turbo or you satisfied? t180 has an upgraded turbo so it probably wont make any difference.

24% & i am currently satified.

I agree with no need for an other turbo. Thrre is much more gain in airflow. between 4.200 and 5.500 rpm there is enough turbo pressure left put no whp output.

But at this moment with 222hp & 505Nm i am satified :P

505Nm would be an estimate right?

505Nm would be an estimate right?

Sorry dude, no estimate on my part.

Real numbers at the Dynojet testruns B)

Read my posts for the way to 505Nm

Greetz,

Real numbers at the Dynojet testruns B)

Read my posts for the way to 505Nm

Wow nice one! Yes I remember and it was post that made me first know about these tuning boxes.

Hello just had the twin exhausts and rear skirt fitted to my Auris 2.0 D4D does not slow the car down, if anything seems a bit nippier and am also using shell v power diesel and is very responsive, seems to me combination of both improves performance. :thumbsup:
I have not tried v power but I am more more convinced the 2.0 D-4D is not tuned for premium fuel on my road test with the other premium brands. They are noticeably louder (less efficient?) and to me the power is lacking. As for cleaning your engine you can buy additives but unlike the fine 2.2 injectors I really don't think we need it.