Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Auris T Spirit Come With Hid's?

haze20

Hi Guys

Getting a new Auris 2.0 d-4d T Spirit as a company car in the next few weeks

Simple question that I cannot find the answer to, the headlights seem to have the projectors but in all of the brochures it does not state HID's.

Thanks

James

The answer is NO!!

But they are easy to fit aftermarket ;)

Andy :eek:

Hi Guys

Getting a new Auris 2.0 d-4d T Spirit as a company car in the next few weeks

Simple question that I cannot find the answer to, the headlights seem to have the projectors but in all of the brochures it does not state HID's.

Thanks

James

The answer is NO!!

But they are easy to fit aftermarket ;)

Andy :eek:

Thanks for your reply.

Why do they have projector style headlights then ?

Alot of toyotas come with projectors... they have been doing it for 20 years. Its simply a lens. Not the lens on the glass of the light.

yep the eurpopean market ones have HID's as an option but we dont here in the UK,why i dont know

possibly but only linked to the electrical circuits. but then if a fault developed you would remover the HID's anyway ;)

possibly but only linked to the electrical circuits. but then if a fault developed you would remover the HID's anyway ;)

:thumbsup:

I was hoping that could be the case.

I'm assuming that the projector lenses are on the dip light and not main ?

Also any one recommend a good set of HID's ?

Thanks all.

Yes, they do come with HIDs. Only the "1.6 Petrol Elegant xenon Version" though, in Turkey by the way...

Although I don't understand why it's not an option for diesel engines. For instance my Auris is also the Elegant version(the highest option pack, I guess it's called trim level in UK, right?) which has the same features as the 1.6 Petrol engine, only difference is Xenons. What now, diesel engine owners can't have xenon? It's stupid...

However fitting aftermarket kits are too darn easy these days, and much, much cheaper...

Yes, they do come with HIDs. Only the "1.6 Petrol Elegant XENON Version" though, in Turkey by the way...

Although I don't understand why it's not an option for diesel engines. For instance my Auris is also the Elegant version(the highest option pack, I guess it's called trim level in UK, right?) which has the same features as the 1.6 Petrol engine, only difference is Xenons. What now, diesel engine owners can't have Xenon? It's stupid...

However fitting aftermarket kits are too darn easy these days, and much, much cheaper...

Seems like it must be a cost issue to Toyota then, why have a top of the range model that isn'y really that highly specced. I know that its only lights but my brothers Civic has these and I just think they look better along with giving better vision at night.

Any recommendations for a HID kit ?

some on eBay for about £36 shipped from HK, i had a set for the rolla from there, work sweet.

you may need to swap the fuse to a 20A one though as the initial current draw is quite high and the spike can pop the 15A fuse

some on ebay for about £36 shipped from HK, i had a set for the rolla from there, work sweet.

you may need to swap the fuse to a 20A one though as the initial current draw is quite high and the spike can pop the 15A fuse

Would changing the fuse for a higher rated one and not changing the wiring cause any problems ?

No need to. HID power is 35W.

yeah but initial current draw on startup can pop a 15A fuse, the wiring will be fine its just that initial spike