Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New 'flat Blade' Wipers ?

UKDM323

Where can i get some these 'new style' flat blade wipers whatever there called, is found on new cars like VW Golf, auris, lexus IS220/250 & maybe on bmw?? apart from car dealers? & are they easy to fit since i seem some olders cars got them fitted by their owners, i usually go for piaa wipers in the past but they not bought out any these new flat ones nor have they discounted their current offerings so dont really wanna pay a high price for something that is considered 'old design' dunno why they havent despite increasing amount cars has these new flat wipers

thanks for anyone can help

They're known as aero wipers, I've got them on the front (not the back though, oddly) but 1 of them is crap & judders across the screen as I use it, despite being a new blade. I've been thinking about getting a rear 1 off a Polo but haven't so far due to the noise of 1 of the front ones

Got a set for my Roadster (about £18) and one front for Anne's Aygo (about£10) from HERE and they ain't that bad for the price ;)

Got a set for my 1994 Gen 6 from e-bay for about £12. The first set had the passenger side blade not making contact with the window the full length of the blade, I mailed him and he sent me two new passenger side blades. One of them fitted with a little extra curving.

The work well, nice and quiet too. I prefer them over the older style blades but when I go to get new ones I will get a slightly more expensive set I think. They fitted with the same mountings etc as the blades I removed, easy swap.

Hmm thanks for the response. looked at eBay so many of them but as always think some are slight cheaper that wouldnt last as long, Bosch sound like a better choice but only their older wipers arent so good from experience :rolleyes: wish PIAA bring out some these ones.

Thanks for response, not gonna buy a unknown brand as some case it wont last!!! :rolleyes: since i swear by PIAA i thought i email PIAA yesterday regarding aero /flat blade wipers if there going to bring any out & got a response bk from them :

"Thank you for your enquiry;

Unfortunately we do not have plans at the moment, the problem is that

the Aero Blade in terms of function is not that good and for the PIAA

wipers to apply the silicone coat as they wipe they need even pressure

across the screen which is possible with a good quality metal frame.

In Japan where PIAA is based the Aero Blade has not been accepted well,

we are working on an adaptor to enable the conventional blade type to

be

fitted and this will not be until the end of the year.

Sorry on this occasion we are unable to be more helpful and we thank

you

for previous PIAA purchases.

Regards"

So back to square 1, decisions.......................

try speeding.co.uk

they sell them but I don't know what make they are

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links