Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Fascia Adapter

Wouter

Hey folks,

Got an Avensis Aura 2005 Model and would like to change out the radio to a standard DIN size radio like so many others would like to do? Is there anybody that knows where to find these adapters and if so what is the part numbers?

I've seen alot of these post on this forum but none of them have real answers?

Would really appreciate the help on this one!

Wouter

Autoleads are the main manufacturers of Head Unit Interface leads. They have pretty much every car covered.

But sorry, I don't know the part number for the Avensis. Their distributors will be able to advise what part you need. Over here Halfords are a good source of these leads, but I don't know about Ireland.

If nobody here knows the Part No I guess you could call Autoleads themselves, or Halfords for advice.

Beware some models of car have different leads according to what's fitted to the car, and according to the year of the car. But if you know a bit about your car you'll be able to answer those questions for whoever you speak to.

Autoleads also do facia adapters and just about anything else you'll need for an install.

Just send them a mail, so hopefully I will get some good news in the morning?

Auto leads did not even reply a 'NO We don't have them' So if you guys know of anybody else, shout please?

Has anyone found one of these yet?? I would like to buy one!!!!

follow the link in the post above. There's a distributor search option on there. Put your postcode in and it'll give you a list of your nearest agents. If you get all the product code numbers you need and contact an agent you should get sorted.

Good luck

Nice one, will give it a go. I take it from the name and location your a smoggie!!!! live nearby do you know anyone worth speaking to about it local.

cheers

Tom

Fingers crossed have managed to get one of these!!! Should have it by weekend!! Will give it a go and post if it is any good!! Does anyone know if the avensis has standard iso plugs??? and a standard aerial lead??

Woo hoo, have now got the adaptor and got it fitted, mp3 and bluetooth again!!! It did need a wiring adaptor so the total cost is £38!! But compare this to adding a factory changer etc it is good value!!! I think it looks ok too!! I managed to adapt the the metal brackets by drilling a couple of extra holes to put screws in to the radio to make it really sturdy!! While I had the climate control out I even managed to fix the stickiy buttons the previous owner had left for me and make the cup holder work.

Anyway here is a pic of the unit in place for anyone who wants to see!!! hopefully this will work as I have never used forum pictures!!

carradio.jpg

Woo hoo, have now got the adaptor and got it fitted, mp3 and bluetooth again!!! It did need a wiring adaptor so the total cost is £38!! But compare this to adding a factory changer etc it is good value!!! I think it looks ok too!! I managed to adapt the the metal brackets by drilling a couple of extra holes to put screws in to the radio to make it really sturdy!! While I had the climate control out I even managed to fix the stickiy buttons the previous owner had left for me and make the cup holder work.

Anyway here is a pic of the unit in place for anyone who wants to see!!! hopefully this will work as I have never used forum pictures!!

Tom, just a quick question.

if I remove that bottom part of this facia will I get 2DIN space?

Regards Tom

You do however there a slight problem in that the bottom tray covers the clips that attach to the climate control unit. It would be ok if you have a stereo that stands forward a bit I would think!!! Other than that it was a doddle to fit I just widened a hole in the metal frame that holds the stereo in place and screwed the stereo in to that to keep it secure!!

hope this helps

Tom

• 4 weeks later...

I ahve just manged to get hold of this fascia adaptor. How do Iget the current stcok radio out to put the new one in? I ahve looked at toyota AIM manuals but they all say I must remove the front passenger seat, is this what I just do or what?

I ahve just manged to get hold of this fascia adaptor. How do Iget the current stcok radio out to put the new one in? I ahve looked at toyota AIM manuals but they all say I must remove the front passenger seat, is this what I just do or what?

As long as this is for the avensis its very easy. You take the trim panel where the cup holder is off, sounds daunting but literaly you just open the glovebox and put your fingers behind and it will pop off. The you lift the gearbox surround and ashtray unit off, to do this just cover either a flat blade screwdriver with a rag or use a plastic trim remover. Once you have removed these two items there are 4 bolts holding the metal frame, 2 at the top and two at the bottom. Remove these and the radio and climate control lift out together. Take the frame off the sides and slide the radio and climate control apart. Then just refit the fascia adaptor to the climate control and your sorted. I re drilled the metal frames and put a screw in either side of my radio in the holes in it just to make the whole thing more solid.

Hope this helps.

Tom

• 1 month later...
Woo hoo, have now got the adaptor and got it fitted, mp3 and bluetooth again!!! It did need a wiring adaptor so the total cost is £38!!

Hi, Tom! Great information and picture. Could you post a list of exactly what parts you bought and where?

Hello I just went to a car audio dealer from the website and to Halfords for the wiring. My parts are going on eBay soon as I am selling the car so if you want them second hand have a look on there, Cheers Tom

• 5 weeks later...

Last chance for this one if anyones interested!! ends today and going for a tenner which is the wiring harness and the fascia adaptor

Tom

• 2 months later...
how can i get hold off a fascia adaptor so i can fit a double din unit?

i really want to know this too

i wanna upgrade my stereo sistem too. maybe some of you guys can help us

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've just bought a 2003 Avensis T3. Below my radio are the heater controls but otherwise it looks identical to the photo. Would this adapter fit? I have a Sony CDX-DAB6650 which I've taken out of my old '99 Avensis and am eager to get it fitted to the new one. I presume my wiring adapter would be the same but any hints and tips would be appreciated. Thanks to tomt3x for the photo and fitting info..... Gives me confidence I could actually do the job myself!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I've just bought a 2003 Avensis T3. Below my radio are the heater controls but otherwise it looks identical to the photo. Would this adapter fit? I have a Sony CDX-DAB6650 which I've taken out of my old '99 Avensis and am eager to get it fitted to the new one. I presume my wiring adapter would be the same but any hints and tips would be appreciated. Thanks to tomt3x for the photo and fitting info..... Gives me confidence I could actually do the job myself!

http://www.fitaudio.com/?View=entry&EntryID=137

http://img126.imagevenue.com/img.php?image...1_122_785lo.jpg

Double-Din fascia part available for the Avensis T25 from Toyota: Part Number 55405-05160

• 1 year later...

Hi guys i see you were succesful in installing an aftermarket stereo, but if i did this in my avensis would i need to change the Speakers ? and also does anybody know the power of the Speakers already installed in an 06 avensis t4.