Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattling

Korny_Yaris

Morning!

Ok so I have been trying 2 work out 4 a while what the extremely annoying rattling is in my car when I have the bass up on my subs.

I think i found the culprit.

Sunroof - it only does it really when the car is in motion so its quite difficult 2 try and find, anyway the sun roof cover is open (rattles open or closed) and when the bass is up and i slightly pull down on where the roof starts at the end of the sunroof window the rattling stops.

I know this is a crap explanation but its difficult.

I dont know if this is a common problem but I am trying 2 find some quick fixes? anything any1 could recommend.

Ooo and I also need 2 get hold of some new Wiper Blades. Shall I get universal ones?

Thanks.

Mark.

no help really, but i get the same annoying rattle with my sub when my sun roofs open (so its a common problem)

an id recommend PIAA silicone wipers - but there pricey...

Morning!

Ok so I have been trying 2 work out 4 a while what the extremely annoying rattling is in my car when I have the bass up on my subs.

I think i found the culprit.

Sunroof - it only does it really when the car is in motion so its quite difficult 2 try and find, anyway the sun roof cover is open (rattles open or closed) and when the bass is up and i slightly pull down on where the roof starts at the end of the sunroof window the rattling stops.

I know this is a crap explanation but its difficult.

I dont know if this is a common problem but I am trying 2 find some quick fixes? anything any1 could recommend.

Ooo and I also need 2 get hold of some new wiper blades. Shall I get universal ones?

Thanks.

Mark.

I too was gonna say PIAA blades. You need to clean the screen and blades a bit now and then b ut when you do, they work great.

Second to them, fit Bosch. They can be had on eBay for about a tenner a pair, with postage.

Oh, and that annoying noise.... Thats your music, that is! lol.

hahah thanks guys, iv seen som Bosch ones, il probably get them. Thanks 4 the info.

:) you dont even know the music i listen 2! u might like it!

• 1 month later...
hahah thanks guys, iv seen som BOSCH ones, il probably get them. Thanks 4 the info.

:) you dont even know the music i listen 2! u might like it!

Go on then, own up.... What DO you listen too, in the privacy of your own car? (Even though half the neighbourhood probably get to hear too)! lol

ok, so maybe they do. At the moment I have a radio1 live lounge cd in my car and an dance compilation from Ibiza 2 years ago. I listen 2 all sorts.

Thanks 2 replying anyway I have a new problem.

I have a buzzing coming from my top left speaker on my dash. Its like there is a fly caught inthere underneath the speaker grill. I think this has happened 2 ppl b4. Is it shagged or do you think something just needs tightening or something? Iv replaced my head unit so know how 2 take out the centre console but how difficult we talking to getting into replace the dash Speakers?

Cheeeeeers.

any help with the buzz?

• 3 weeks later...

still got the buzzing, i took the cover off the front left dash speaker and sent all volume 2 it, faded and balanced and it ran fine with no buzzing, it seems 2 be only when the car is moving therefore being really difficult 2 find out where the buzzing is coming from! it sounds just like there is a fly caught. Im tempted just 2 go out and buy sum more 10cm Speakers but i dont think that will solve anything as these Speakers still do the job.

any other ideas any1 please?

Try what I suggested here:

Search for "Rattle"

That usually sorts the problem out, you can test if it works by tapping the surrounding area to se if you can hear the noise. The wonders of the search tool...

Much appreciated mate. Will do this when I get home.

Cheers pal.

p.s. what is an A-pillar? :D

cheers. I think you are just trying 2 make out im lazy......its working!

cheers minidoughty.

I took off the speaker cover and slid a couple of sticky pads between the a-pillar and the dash and the rattling seems 2 have stopped. All other screws are locked in tight so all is good. Thanks 4 your "help"

Hi can't help on rattles but I've just stuck the standard Bosch wipers from Halford on my T sport and they wipe really well with no squeeks, smears or judder. Also no issues with lift at speed. Plus side is they are pretty cheap so that is a bonus. I'd recommend them for sure!

yumma

Yer I got some Yumma, thanks 4 the reply.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links