Do Not Sell My Personal Information

84 ae86 help

Hellaslow

First of all this is my first time on this site and i like it..........my 84 carolla has about 300,000miles on it. I just got it for a project car and it can't get out of its own way. It has the 1.6 single cam in it. i have a question about a engine. A friend of mine is giving away a moter out of a 85 carolla it is a 1.8 liter 3T... what is it? is it a twin cam or a single cam? is a 3T a good engine or not? is it hard to put it into my 84? what will i need to install it? if anyone can help me please do...........

Hello Hellaslow,

There doesn't appear to be anyone here at the moment who can answer your question. The majority of owners in this club are in the UK so people may not be sure of the compatablity of different engines in the States.

The AE86 is a great car though.

:)

an engine is an engine if you know what i mean...... toyota made the same engines reguardless what country you are in...... i'm just not useto a slow site. go to www.*********.com that is a very fast site you guys will like it.....try it....

well in that case.....if an engine is an engine you have answered your own question..............

and no toyota dont use the same engines all over the world so wind your %$(in neck in.....and if that other site is so much better %$( off there aswell.

ppl will give you the info if they have it....dont asume they do,somebody could be getting the info for you............like i was,but because your rude and impatiant ................

sod off:mad:

give me a few days....................i should be able to dig something out

Easy SC, I agree impatience is a pain in the neck but am sure most of the forum users here will notice that.

Most people here will also already know that Toyota Engines are different in most countries due to emissions, local regulations and what they can get away with which is why there are so many imports with more power than standard uk cars.

Hopefully if the other website is so good people who don't want to enjoy posting, reading up on other marques and enjoying the site will not stick aournd too much anyway.

My opinion on this site is that peeps are helpful, friendly and polite, it's very obvious when people don't fit into that category.

Helps always just around the corner, people just need to realise that sometimes people will research their answer and make sure the info they provide is correct !

I don't think people here realise that some of the people on this website actually spend time researching the answers.

If only more people were patient.....

ok you will need to find out a bit more for me,it is a very good engine.

The 2T engine is a pushrod, overhead valve engine with 4 inline cylinders.

The block is cast iron and the cylnder head is alloy.

Twincam versions (2T-G, 2T-GEU, 3T-GTE) use twin overhead cams in alloy head.

All versions of the 2T can use unleaded petrol because all alloy heads have hardened valve seats.

Gaskets can be shared between all versions (twincam can use gasket sealent for timing cover).

Inlet and exhaust manifolds shared between all versions.

Most versions use the same data except for timing.

1770cc

85.0mmx78.0mm(stroke)

you need to tell me which engine it is,you can tell by the cam covers,if you can explaine to me where the logo's are (e.g."Toyota") and the oil caps,what colour is the cam cover etc etc.....

engine types all in the 2T/3T family are......

2T

2T-G

2T-GEU

3T-C

3T-U

13T

13T-U

3T-GTE......(TURBO 16V):P

Originally posted by Hellaslow

an engine is an engine if you know what i mean...... toyota made the same engines reguardless what country you are in...... i'm just not useto a slow site. go to www.*********.com that is a very fast site you guys will like it.....try it....

in fact we dont find it slow.. but the server is in Florida....

I think it was just bull to place a url to your own site...