Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Was It Worth? Priceless To Me But . .

theflyingpig

Hi All,

My first post here, and with rather a sad story to tell. I bought a 1987 Hiace Poptop camper on eBay, paid 1000 quid and absolutly loved the ol' girl. Had done 140,000 miles but was the 2L engine and it sounded SO sweet, like it had just been broken in. Lots of work had been done - brakes all new, ball joints changed, timing belt changed etc etc. A total bargain for such a classic vehicle.

Two weeks I had her, before she was stolen from outside my house. Police casually informed me that "5 old disel toyotas were stolen in your area that night" - aparently they are stolen, stripped and the parts sent to West Africa.

Now I'm wondering if anyone here can help - the insurance company are offering me what I paid for the vehicle (1000), minus of course the excess. I'm saying it was worth more - I had its insured value stated as 1500 - BUT they demanded a purchase reciept and so are basing hteir offer on what I paid. They are now saying they will consider offering more if I can prove it was worth more. er, HOW?

I havn't been able to find a single other deisel camper of its year in the whole country - does anyone have one? Can anyone advise what my van was actually worth? Does anyone know who did the camper conversions on late 80's hiaces? Or did they come out the factory like that?

thanks for any help!

Huey

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links