Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T180 Spare Wheel

oozat

I'm not entirely happy relying on the T180 repair kit. I was wondering what experiences other owners have had.

The last two punctures I have had on previous cars damaged the sidewall and I'd guess that the repair kit would be pretty useless in this situation.

I must admit I'm also apprehensive about the cost of replacing the kit once used - it must be about half the cost of a new tyre.

Has anyone fitted a (spacesaver) spare wheel? If so, what was the cost?

I know that the Civic has the same problem and it's possible to buy a spare. I haven't been able to find one as a Toyota accessory for my T180 and my (helpful!) dealer says they aren't available.

No one here that i know of has done this

I know there is nowhere to put the wheel as the modified suspension on the T180 takes away the space under the boot liner to cope with the modified exhuast design and the flat floor.

More fyi: sorry couldnt help

My LEON had a kit, got stranded at side of M6 when the gunk failed to seal the punture :angry: Cosr £18 for a new can...£120 for the tyre!

I have concerns about it too.

I've not checked with the dealers, but have you considered the spare from the new Aurs SR? That comes with 17" Pitlane alloys and has a spare. The only issues are whether a spare is suitable for the SR/T180 and if it will fit in the well as mentioned early. If it puts a bit of a lump in the boot you will have to decide if you can live with slightly less storage space.

Maybe Parts-King could comment?