Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice About T4 Brake Please

Nira

Hi,

I would like to know what is the optimum ply for brake pedal in a T4 (04), as mine feels spongy and needs a bit more pressure. There is no problem in braking at all and it stops well. As I am just a novice about car mechanics I would appreciate any suggestions on identifying whether this is a problem and if it is should I take the car to Toyota repairs or any good garage will do ?

Thanks in advance

Niran

Hi,

I would like to know what is the optimum ply for brake pedal in a T4 (04), as mine feels spongy and needs a bit more pressure. There is no problem in braking at all and it stops well. As I am just a novice about car mechanics I would appreciate any suggestions on identifying whether this is a problem and if it is should I take the car to Toyota repairs or any good garage will do ?

Thanks in advance

Niran

hello

the brake system is provided with a vacuum booster and does not presume strong pressure to be applied for car breaking. In case you brake well - I do not see any troubles. You can try to deaerate hydr system , in case of poor braking to be sure all is in order.

cheers/igor

Spongey brake pedal feel is usually a sign that there is air in the system. It is a 15 minute fix to bleed the system.

You don't need to take it to the dealer for this. Even Quick-fit (or any of the chain garages) could be trusted with this work. They will probably quote you a price of no more than £30. They usually offer a free brake diagnosis.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links