Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 1st Service Notification

derwill

I received a notification from my local dealer about my Auris 1st Service being due. The problem here is that I bought the car from a Honda dealer who had it come in as a part exchange. It had done 1800 miles when I picked it up.

The Honda dealer serviced the car and stamped the 1st service slot in the service manual. The car has now done almost 4000 miles and is about 10 months old.

My question here is what to do as regards the Toyota 1st service, doI ignore it as the car has been serviced once already and has only done 4000 miles or do I still have to take it in to Toyota to have another 1st service done?

I received a notification from my local dealer about my Auris 1st Service being due. The problem here is that I bought the car from a Honda dealer who had it come in as a part exchange. It had done 1800 miles when I picked it up.

The Honda dealer serviced the car and stamped the 1st service slot in the service manual. The car has now done almost 4000 miles and is about 10 months old.

My question here is what to do as regards the Toyota 1st service, doI ignore it as the car has been serviced once already and has only done 4000 miles or do I still have to take it in to Toyota to have another 1st service done?

I don't understand why the Honda dealer serviced the car when it was so young and had so few miles on the clock. If Honda gave it a proper/full service to toyota specification then in effect it has been serviced way too early. If so, you either get it serviced again at the specified/recommended interval to bring it back into the correct service interval cycle or wait until it hits it second specified/recommended service interval. I suspect most people will say have it serviced again otherwise you will have a long service interval between first and second service.

I don't understand why the Honda dealer serviced the car when it was so young and had so few miles on the clock. If Honda gave it a proper/full service to toyota specification then in effect it has been serviced way too early. If so, you either get it serviced again at the specified/recommended interval to bring it back into the correct service interval cycle or wait until it hits it second specified/recommended service interval. I suspect most people will say have it serviced again otherwise you will have a long service interval between first and second service.

Yes that is exactly what I am thinking. Will see if there will be any more feedback on this issue. Might actually call the dealer to explain and see what they say.

Lets face it, the car would not have had a "service" at 1800 miles, it might have had an oil change and a check over. The car is due an intermediate 10K service at 10K OR 12 Months WHICHEVER IS THE SOONER

The dealers computer will be set to send out service reminders at set time periods, your dealer doesn't know how many miles a year you do, so he sends out a reminder on a time basis. A twelve month service might have a reminder coming off the system at 10 months, then if you havnt responded, a reminder after 11 months and again at 12 months

In my opinion you should have it done, even with a low mileage, you can always say it has a FSH then with confidence

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links