Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Quite Astonished...

johnny01

OK, went for an extended weekend to the North Yorks coast and thought I would re-set the trip counter out of interest. I didn't look at it until I got there because I didn't want to fall into the trap of easing my foot off the gas whenever it went down a little...

The details: 2 people in the car, plus luggage, mainly A-roads and over the North York Moors to the coast, Shell V-Power fuel, returned a door-to-door average of...

47.3 mpg going

46.9 mpg return

:yahoo:

Wow! :blink:

How slowly were you driving? :lol: ;)

I can't seem to get above 37, even on a run - but then again I cruise at about 80-90 (km/h :ph34r: ).

If I cruise at 70mph, the fuel economy improves, but I just get a bit bored... :rolleyes: :D

Around town with no heavy-footedness I get 34.

Speed limits whenever I could get past the tractors :lol:

I think I could've got better economy, the roads are pretty hilly and bad (though awesomely picturesque) over the Moors. The first thing I did when I bought the car was re-set the trip functions and I was averaging 45.3 mpg over the first 250 (local) miles I had done anyway. May be planning a trip to London on the motorway soon so I wonder if I'll break the 50mpg mark...

There great little cars for mpg. I get on average about 45-46 mpg when i'm sitting on the motorways, going about the town it goes down to about 38 mpg but even when i put the foot down the worst i've had is about 34mpg.

my trip meter always seems to settle at about 32mpg after a while :\ dont know if its just lazy...

i used to get 47/48mpg + in the t3

i reset the trip when i picked up the tsport and doing about 37/38 atm lol!

i have been doing alot of city driving and... well enjoying it so im sure the average will go up as simmer down a bit! ill reset it when i go to brighton as thats a nice long drive.

My average is around 38, but I do spend a lot of time sat in slow moving traffic. I use V power and it seems to make a difference to the economy, using supermarket fuel, I rarely get above 35.

Yeah even in the SR mines always below 30, mods dont really help though to be honest! w00ps!!

Just got back from London, including M1, North Circular and London inner city traffic, the 360+ mile door to door round trip averaged...

52.3 mpg

*falls over* :o

when the moms been driving .... 38 mpg

when ive been driving ..... 31 mpg B)

when the moms been driving .... 38 mpg

when ive been driving ..... 31 mpg B)

What ya trying to say...? ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

ear pl gets sub 20mpg in his front to back turbocharger tsport. you lot are driving like grannies, you dont buy a sport car to save petrol!! z0mG!!!!!!!11111111111111 L0Lzzzzz, 0wnag3

you lot are driving like grannies, you dont buy a sport car to save petrol!! z0mG!!!!!!!11111111111111 L0Lzzzzz, 0wnag3

Sometimes it isn't about the speed, it's about the style. Sports cars tend to have all the fully loaded extra's and driving pleasure isn't always about razzing around like an **** all the time.

My T-Sport average MPG is 36.2 cant seem to get it higher than that even with drivin on motorways just cruisin at 70mph

you can easily bang it in 5th gear on a 30mph flat road. easy!

Speed limits whenever I could get past the tractors :lol:

I think I could've got better economy, the roads are pretty hilly and bad (though awesomely picturesque) over the Moors. The first thing I did when I bought the car was re-set the trip functions and I was averaging 45.3 mpg over the first 250 (local) miles I had done anyway. May be planning a trip to London on the motorway soon so I wonder if I'll break the 50mpg mark...

Drive round London for a few weeks, with a 1.3 automatic. Then you will all be glad of the extra size lump you have under your hoods! (Pardon)? I would LOVE to get 40-odd mpg! :rolleyes:

When I worked mine out with a couple of people at work mines around 25 mpg :D

went to brighton from bristol last week. managed to do 42.8 mpg. and 38.9 on the way back... ranted it a little bit more on the way back... but i wasnt sunday driving, so well impressed!

went to brighton from bristol last week. managed to do 42.8 mpg. and 38.9 on the way back... ranted it a little bit more on the way back... but i wasnt sunday driving, so well impressed!

I hate the m4 from bristol to reading, so boring...............

I hate the m4 from bristol to reading, so boring...............

which is why i dont go that way!

i go through portsmouth!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links