Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Reset: "check Engine" Warning

Johan007

Hi guys

How do you reset the "CHECK ENGINE" warning. (Default boost on the box was too much but put it back to normal)

yes

john what did you set box at then - to get that?

and what is it set to now and how is performance?

Many thanks.

Have set it to around 19% but still a little apprehensive that the engine management light will come on when I start it from cold.

I do feel it is faster and I do not think it is placebo but I need time to test it out and I will do tonight.

Many thanks.

Have set it to around 19% but still a little apprehensive that the engine management light will come on when I start it from cold.

I do feel it is faster and I do not think it is placebo but I need time to test it out and I will do tonight.

It may not be necessary to disconnect the Battery. The warning lights should go out automatically after about five miles or so as the ECU cannot find any real fault. Making a fuel stop seems to create a reset as well so I've heard.

It may not be necessary to disconnect the battery. The warning lights should go out automatically after about five miles or so as the ECU cannot find any real fault. Making a fuel stop seems to create a reset as well so I've heard.
The warning remained for 1+ hour with the unit unplugged, I did not try a fuel stop however I did get the number 24 spanner out and reset it that way... quite scary really the way it hates to start up as you do this.

Update: Keeps coming up with CHECK ENGINE with the box from a cold start and also slightly higher engine RPM at idle. Going to return the box and save up for Kingo's chip.

• 11 years later...

The Check Engine Warning Light comes on after, in my case, the Low Oil Pressure Warning came on. On investigation at Toyota after 4 days they could not find any fault.

I have taken out the Oil Pressure sensor just above the Oil Filter and cleaned it. Then took out the Crankshaft Control Valve Filter and cleaned that. took out the Camshaft Control Valve

rinsed it clean and replaced all the Parts. Did normal Oil & Filter change. Problem Solved. If you don't do this you could loose the Head and all the Components due to no OIL. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links