Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris 1.6 Diesel? Is This An Error On The Toyota Website

PaulSR

HI,

I currently drive a golf GTI on an 06 plate. Its the muts nuts, with one exception...It does like a drink of the expensive stuff.

So recently I have been looking around for a cheaper to run car, also, I have just been given the "90 days consultation period"notice at work that i will probably be loosing my job, and will probably either have to travel for my next job, or sit in traffic for hours a day during rush hour, neither of which is cheap in the golf.

Anyhow, onto my question...

I am considering the auris and like the look of of the new SR (not 180 - need proper economy) and found this page...

CLICKY

and if i read it right there is a 1.6 DIESEL model, but I cant find any mention of it anywhere on the site, or the brochures.

Anyone know anymore about it?

There isn't a 1.6 diesel .... its just the 2.0 d4d and 2.2 T180.

To clarify the new SR only comes in the 1.6 petrol or 2.0 diesel. I reckon their marketing meant to say the SR Was available in the 1.6 manual and 1.6 multi mode version of the petrol engine. There is no 1.6 diesel and never has been :)

the 1.4 petrol only has the TR trim.

Quoted from the Toyota SR Webpage... "Available as a 1.6-litre Dual VVT-i petrol (124 hp) or a 1.6 and 2.0-litre D-4D diesel engine".

May be there is a 1.6 Diesel on it's way, as from the way Toyota have worded the above it certainly gives me that impression.

If the original SR180 Web Details are anything to go by, the only definate way to find out is to see your local dealer.

PaulSR... good to see someone local! :)

It has already been stated, but as a Salesman in a Toyota Dealer, just to confirm that the new SR has a 1.6 petrol manual or MMT. The only diesel option is and will only be the 2.0 130ps version.

The Toyota website does add to the confusion by stating it is available in a 1.6 and 2.0 diesel. Someone at TGB has made a grammatical mistake on the website,

I am not a lover of dark metallic blue, but the dark blue looks fantastic on the SR, go and check it out and see what you think.

go and check it out and see what you think.

I had a chance to quickly pop into toyota world by the fort (Brum)

Not over keen on the blue...and my bro has a corrola in a very similar colour.

But the grey...NICE!!!

Blue looks good on the posters!

Mazda do a very economical 1.6d but I the 2.0 is the best all rounder with the 2.0 D-4D recommended by myself (as is the new 2.0 engine from Subaru, Ford and Mazda).

Is the 2.0 diesel in the auris basically the same as in the 2.0 corrola, or has it been re-designed since my bro got one in 2004?