Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heating And Ventilation

david hunt

The air recirculation switch on my Auris T180 seems to have a mind of its own. Often on starting the engine even on the relatively cool days recently, recirculation come on automatically and I have to turn it off. I do not normally have the A/C switch on at this time of the year. I have also noticed that if I press the Auto button twice it goes into recirculation ?

Is it an iffy switch or is it supposed to do this.

Go to your TOYO Dealer the can switch it off through a little handcomputer and reprogram it .

Thats what i did when i had my AURIS .................. no more problems with it :D

Yeah, I noticed a similar problem too, I just assumed it to be a quirk with the car, I never really questioned it.

Every time i turn the temperature down to 16C the air recirculation automatically comes on, I have not known it to happen on other makes of cars.

Its a little bit annoying as it means I have to move my left hand about 12" and push the button to turn it off.

I've had that switch turn it's self on a handful of times now when I start the engine and it wasn't on when I turned the engine off. - Doesn't do it all the time just now and then. Thought it was odd but just press it off again and goes away till maybe next time I start the car. :huh:

I read a review once regarding that switch and the demo car seemed to have same problem and the review queried why the default setting for that switch was "On." Sounds like it might be a common fault, although not one I could be bothered to go to garage with. Maybe I'll mention it at next service if I remember.

It actually a feature... by switiching to recirculate it allows the climate system to adjust the cabin temperature more rapidly.

You'll see this far more oftern in the summer when the car's been standing and the cabin temperature is high thanks to the sun heating it up. Recirculate will be active until the cabin has cooled to near the temperature set on the system. The same happens in the Lexus IS250.

If you don't like it doing that, a quick press on Recirc soon reverts it to the users choice.