Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Wheel Nuts

doobs

Listen in, this is an unusual and perhaps worrying one!.

My 1.6TR is just under 10 months old and about 6.5k on the clock. Last week we noticed a clonking noise when turning left (and only left) from what appeared to be an under bonnet steering or suspension issue. It was booked in to my local Toto dealer today (not the supplying dealer) and to my surprise and horror two of the drivers front wheel nuts had come off, the other two were very loose, but the locking wheel nut was still intact! The inspection report indicated that it was only a matter of time before the wheel may have come off! The other wheels were checked and were ok.

I know I probably should have spotted it, but I did not as it was not obvious from the type of noise that it could be wheel related.

I had to pay for 2 replacement wheel nuts as they were not covered by the warranty. A small but unexpected price to pay though to rectify things.

The dealer and I could only put it down to either malicious damage or the wheel nuts somehow working loose. I have no proof or knowledge of how either occurred. However, I was and still am concerned and puzzled about the whole thing. No wheel balancing, tracking or replacement tyres have been fitted since new. I am now going to monitor the wheel(s) very closely and suggest you all watch your nuts lol

I have written to both the supplying dealer and local dealer centre principal's so this matter is recorded.

Any advice appreciated