Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Light Deflectors

avenser45

can anyone tell me if my 02 avensis has tourist levers or do i need to fit deflectors. I am travelling to france i two weeks

can anyone tell me if my 02 avensis has tourist levers or do i need to fit deflectors. I am travelling to france i two weeks

I think you'll need beam deflectors - search the forum since this has been a topic in the past. I drive to France twice a year and stick black plastic on the beams and set the beam as low as possible. From memory the plastic is a rectangle about 1.5in x 1in. Find the centre point on the lens and put the plastic with the lower right corner on the centre point. Because of the way the light is bounced behind the bulb this will shade the lower passenger side light. Try it against a wall before fixing to convince yourself.

I wouldn't get too anal about deflections - les gendarmes, if they care at all, will just want to see something. I've driven in summer with no deflectors, just lowering the light from the control inside the car. Mind you, on my Avensis they start pretty low anyway - I'll need to find out how to raise them without spending a fortune at the garage.

Mr T kindly photocopied the information for positioning headlamp beam converters. However the sheet I've got states '0301-on' so the following information may not be too helpful to avenser45 (the sheet is labelled 'Avensis AZT250/CDT250/ZZT251').

The deflectors are 65mm wide by 50mm tall. The top edge of the deflector is aligned 5mm above the centre mark (pimple), and the relevant side edge is aligned with the centre mark - not too helpfully, the headlamps in the diagrams are labelled 'right hand' and 'left hand'!

I hope that helps somebody.

Edited by ptri