Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dirty Black Rain

Jay 72

I spent two hours cleaning and polishing my car yesterday, and a further hour cleaning the GF's car. My Yaris had never looked better B)

I went to sleep content, but I woke up this morning with a Saharan sand dune dumped over my car during the night :censor:

At the supermarket, it was like a scene from the Paris - Dakar rally. I wish I had a !Removed! garage, even to cut down on the damn cleaning :angry:

I live within a few miles of a main ICI plant - nightly fallout all over the cars is a real pain. I share your pain too !

I must add, it rained a little today in Oxford.

When I went out to the car, the rain had dried, but it left muddy splodges all over the car, I can't remember that happening before.

:o

When I went out to the car, the rain had dried, but it left muddy splodges all over the car, I can't remember that happening before.

Yep same here in Littlemore ,it has happened before.

proper salty sandy raind recently from the east, well annoying!

Yeah same here in Milton Keynes! Washed it yesterday only to wake up today with loads of dirty splodge marks on it as well as loads of bird pooh!

Me too - 2.5 hours washing and chamois-ing, then within 3 miles of leaving for a trip to London was covered in splodges of sand :(

Me too - 2.5 hours washing and chamois-ing, then within 3 miles of leaving for a trip to London was covered in splodges of sand :(

aaah lads thats nothin come to ireland and wait 10 minutes it will probably rain :D

Used to it now usually spend 2-3hrs on a sunday waxing cleaning the car then sit down for lunch

look out the window to see my hard work being ruined :lol:

I thought it was just our neighbours doing some building work. :g: My car is a mess. :(

Hm, ours is too.

The MR2 was in the garage, but we left the IS overnight at a friend's in Nottingham and got a taxi home. Then when we picked it up it was covered in sandy splodges.

Never seen anything like it after the car's been out just one night, and I was wondering how it had happened.

Strange.

yep ^ mines also in nottingham - well dirty...oh well, another excuse to clean it lol

I often look at car dust covers in ARGOS and think "could you be ubikd with one of them", but after spending 3 hours+ cleaning your car to have it coated in cack like that, I could justify it totally.

Ok. I don't 'Often' look at them...

All the cars on the forecouert had the same earlier in the week...

Valeteurs been busy :)

Mine of course was first lmao