Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Engine Swap

Martyc

Hi

Just had a complete engine failure on my 2000 VVT-I Avensis engine and being so old it would be out of warranty, so wanted to do an engine change .

After reading these forums I see that a lot of people are having problems with the avensis engine between 2000 and 2003 burning a lot of oil and some being replaced altogether by Toyota .

I recently had a chance to compare my avensis side by side with a 2004 model and the engines look identical so not wanting to replace my engine with another (possibly bad one) would an engine form a 2004 model avensis fit my 2000 car.

Thanks Martin

Hi

Just had a complete engine failure on my 2000 VVT-I Avensis engine and being so old it would be out of warranty, so wanted to do an engine change .

After reading these forums I see that a lot of people are having problems with the avensis engine between 2000 and 2003 burning a lot of oil and some being replaced altogether by Toyota .

I recently had a chance to compare my avensis side by side with a 2004 model and the engines look identical so not wanting to replace my engine with another (possibly bad one) would an engine form a 2004 model avensis fit my 2000 car.

Thanks Martin

hi Maritn

the idea is to check with positioning of engine supporting frames / thier geometry to be suitable for yr new engine, as well as sufficient engingine compartment area.

besides - check with connectoins suitability from gear unit that distribute torque to front wheels. i have no idea with control circuit but it also must be checked with MrT to prevent a wrong connections etc.

cheers/igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links