Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Battery - Would It Start After Two Weeks Of No Use?

benchan

Hello,

I'm going on a holiday and I have to leave my Aygo at airport parking for just over two weeks.

My question is, would it start when I come back? The longest I left my car unused was for five days in middle of winter (it was snowing) - it started without any problems then.

Anyone left their cars for longer???

Ben

Hi,

I went to Australia in Feb for 2 weeks and both cars sat in the drive, unused. No probs starting at all so don't worry.

Ian.

When your Battery is fully loaded it should not give any problems.

Don't forget to switch off your lights and other power users. ;)

When your battery is fully loaded it should not give any problems.

Don't forget to switch off your lights and other power users. ;)

I've left my bike for 4 months in the cold and it started first time. With having a bike I don't drive my car for a couple of weeks at a time and I've never had a problem. Batteries do have a lifespan however and if some only last 3 years, some 5 years, but I'd expect most batteries on new vehicles to give you trouble free motoring for in excess of 5years.

Enjoy your holiday!

Hello,

I'm going on a holiday and I have to leave my Aygo at airport parking for just over two weeks.

My question is, would it start when I come back? The longest I left my car unused was for five days in middle of winter (it was snowing) - it started without any problems then.

Ben

My Aygo Now will be a year old at the end of this month. Since January it hasn't started 3 times after being parked for periods of about 10 days to 14 days. In January the Battery was changed under warranty, but the last time I brught it to the dealership (mid Aprile) they kept it for 5 days and found nothing wrong (they didn't even charge the battery). I'm bring it back today to have it checked again (the P/S light can on after I had it jumber started the 17/052008 under the Toyota road warranty service). Let you know what they tell me.

cheers,

Nick

Hello,

Ben

Maybe one of these would help...

CLICKY!

2 weeks is no problem :)

My daughter's Aygo started easily when she got back from a 2 week holiday.

CLICKY!

Unfortunately most Toyotas have ciggy lighter sockets that don't remain live when the ignition is off, so a solar charger would have to be wired into the Battery or some wiring that stays permanently live.

Your car should be fine for two weeks, but if you're worried about it wiring in a solar charger wouldn't be a bad idea. Alternatively you could carry a jump start Battery. Maplins are doing these for very little money these days; just charge it up before you go on holiday and leave it in the boot in case you need it on your return. Handy piece of kit to have whenever you have Battery problems too.

• 1 month later...

CLICKY!

Unfortunately most Toyotas have ciggy lighter sockets that don't remain live when the ignition is off, so a solar charger would have to be wired into the Battery or some wiring that stays permanently live.

Your car should be fine for two weeks, but if you're worried about it wiring in a solar charger wouldn't be a bad idea. Alternatively you could carry a jump start Battery. Maplins are doing these for very little money these days; just charge it up before you go on holiday and leave it in the boot in case you need it on your return. Handy piece of kit to have whenever you have Battery problems too.

My Aygo stays in the garage with periods up to 3 months a time because i am at university and it still starts no problem.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links