Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Found This On Ebay Wot Do U Think

yaris tsport

Someone should be along shortly to add more to this (I admit I'm not an expert on these) but my first thoughts are... "193bhp...? I don't think so!"

I haven't seen a turbo or supercharger kit that gives more than about 150bhp on these engines, and I don't think the engines are entirely suitable for that level of increased power due to the alloy construction. Starlet engines are a better bet for this kind of power increase because (IIRC) they have an iron block as opposed to the INZ's alloy block.

As I say I may be way off the mark here but that's sort of what I remember to be correct :)

Hm.

I was going to laugh at that claim, but I believe Prolex are a reputable brand, so if it really is them selling it then that's got to be better than some random eBay seller.

I think I'd speak to them to find out a bit more; it's not like it's a £100 spend is it. Also find out what extra costs are involved; are you going to fit it yourself, or how much would that cost? And do you need to spend money on CPU maps or anything else to get that power output?

Also consider what the lag might be like; from a single turbo setup you tend to get a bigger lag as the percentage gain increases.

1st of all Prolex ARE a reputable company (infact I was with Dave today at the Time Attack event at Knockhill) Prolex are/were an official Trader on LOC (lexus Owners Club... although at the moment all traders accounts on LOC have been suspended)

I have received EXCELLENT service from Prolex UK recently and I would highly recommend them, as would a lot of other's.

On the turbo kit.. it states in the advert that a Piggy Back ECU is required.. so you would be looking at something like an Emanage Ultimate (which can be purchased from Mohdparts in the USA (I personally found them to be the cheapest by a fair margain when I bought mine), since the kit requires a piggy back ECU it would be safe to assume you would need to get it mapped, so that would have to be priced up too... so you would be looking to spend at least another £1000 or so on top of the price of the kit.

Prolex should be able to give you a price for everything you will need (incl fitting) Just give Dave (Managing Director of Prolex) a call on 07880 5422944... If you do deal with Prolex.. I can guarantee you will get excellent service :thumbsup:

Might be worth adding that the TD04H 15G Turbo is used by GReddy.. as Prolex are an official Greddy dealer, it could be a GReddy Turbo Kit.. worth asking.

i agree the power claims r high i will be fitting the kit myself the engine is already out the car. I work at a toyota dealer, i also hav a emanage waiting 2 go on the car. Will ring prolex 2moro and find out a bit more. Cheers

Dave is currently up here (Scotland) as he was racing in the Time Attack at Knockhill... he is traveling home sometime tomorrow, could be a good idea to leave it untill Tuesday to allow him time to talk to you.

Surely the stock internals would fail pretty rapidly at that power?

ie - adding to the initial kit cost! :P

You'd also be lighting up one wheel pretty regularly with that power, which is rubbish!

Consequently, you'd need an LSD (~£700 unfitted!).

I'd buy a CTR if I was you! :D

I'm sure Kimi has around 145bhp with the TTE supercharger.. so could well be worth checking if the engine will handle the 193bhp.

Has anyone actually seen/know of/heard of a 150+bhp Yaris? :unsure:

And check its a RHD kit, if its an american scion kit, it'll need more work. Will definitely need internals if those figures are correct, and the clutch won't last long.

Only 150+bhp yaris that i know of that is running at the moment is the maragonni tyres one with the MR2 lump!

I believe the figure quoted could be possible with the right engine rebuild and remap, but it will cost a bomb!

i just called earpl,

he said where do you people get the 150bhp limit figure from? you can get 193bhp easily from standard internals. this has been tried and busted by earpl

i just called earpl,

he said where do you people get the 150bhp limit figure from? you can get 193bhp easily from standard internals. this has been tried and busted by earpl

have you nothing better to do with your time?

lol he hasnt!!, earpl doesnt have his even running at the moment!!

And he has never said how much power he has after turboing it!

i just called earpl,

have you nothing better to do with your time?

The kit won't fit onto your 1litre by the way :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

TTE suggest that the stock yaris internals will take 150bhp ish, which will probably be why their charger kit gives 140bhp to keep things on the safe side.