Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Seats

Bos

Hi,

Help, my Yaris has now covered over 1200 miles and I am very satisfied with it ( my other half isn't so sure ). :unsure:

It is ok on a short run, but she finds it very uncomfortable on a longer trip, in excess of 50 miles. Can anyone advise ( apart from getting rid it it - the other half - not the car )

on a way of making it more comfortable ? :(

I don't think a cushion is very practical, is there anythink else I could consider ?

The car itself I am VERY pleased with, averaging over 50 mpg on a run !!!!!

I am a bit surprised at that as I have always found my Yaris very comfortable on long trips :thumbsup:

Where does she find the seats uncomfortable?......................they are a little short on thigh support but I think that if adjusted correctly and if you sit well back in them you should find them comfortable.

I agree with the other reply. It may well be your wife needs to adjust the seat. I have always found the Yaris to be very comfortable, the upholstery belying the fact that it is a small car. Many other cars in its class are like sitting in deckchairs! Have a bit of an experiment before doing anything drastic.

Regards, Gar.

Take her out in a car with stupid hard spring rates. Will make the Yaris feel like a Merc afterwards. Trust me.

I completed a 700 mile trip last weekend, drove in excess of 110 miles every day. I don't find the car's comfort, or lack of, a problem at all.

Its gonna have 2 be an adjustment on the seat cuz 3 of our family members have a yaris and we all love how comfy they are.

good luck anyway.

i used to drive my dad's peugeot 307 and used to have such awful backaches after long journeys... and i was only 22 back then...

Never had any probs with backpain with the yaris on long journeys... Try adjusting the seats, that should do it...

I used to get backache in my old Yaris and now suffering a little in the T-Sport, even though the seats are supportive and fairly 'hugging.' The gen 7 Celica I had previously was ultra comfortable on any length journey, but I find the Yaris seat settings critical.

If my reach to the steering wheel is OK I find my feet are literally hovering above the pedals. If I pull the seat back so my feet are 'normal' for the pedals I find the steering wheel too far away. I've adjusted the seat height, seat back angle and steering wheel angle but I still can't get 'comfy.'

I think I am unconsciously 'leaning' towards the steering wheel which is causing me more backache. Even adjusting the seat angle to compensate for this gives me backache. Either the most correct driving position is at just the point where it gives me the most uncomfortable experience, or I am all out of proportion :lol:

I used to get backache in my old Yaris and now suffering a little in the T-Sport, even though the seats are supportive and fairly 'hugging.' The gen 7 Celica I had previously was ultra comfortable on any length journey, but I find the Yaris seat settings critical.

If my reach to the steering wheel is OK I find my feet are literally hovering above the pedals. If I pull the seat back so my feet are 'normal' for the pedals I find the steering wheel too far away. I've adjusted the seat height, seat back angle and steering wheel angle but I still can't get 'comfy.'

I think I am unconsciously 'leaning' towards the steering wheel which is causing me more backache. Even adjusting the seat angle to compensate for this gives me backache. Either the most correct driving position is at just the point where it gives me the most uncomfortable experience, or I am all out of proportion :lol:

What did you say Mr. lanky legs no back? :lol:

Thank you all for your advice.

My wife is only a passenger and can not drive. I have tried adjusting the seat in lots of different positions, to no avail. :(

I was thinking of trying to put extra padding in the seat itself, but I do not know how difficult that will be.

Thank you all for your advice.

My wife is only a passenger and can not drive. I have tried adjusting the seat in lots of different positions, to no avail. :(

I was thinking of trying to put extra padding in the seat itself, but I do not know how difficult that will be.

you may be able to get reccaro seats to fit but it wont be cheap and may be less comfy as they are really for rally cars. i know it may not be practical but has she tried 'being chauffered' in the back?

Why don`t you try one of those throw over padded seat covers that a lot of car spares places sell. Might make her a bit more comfy.

What did you say Mr. lanky legs no back? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously though - I am tempted to measure some critical dimensions like leg reach and arm reach from the seat back and compare the Rolla T-Sport with the Yaris T-Sport dimensions. I'm beginning to wonder whether it is something stupid like the design of the cockpit means the pedals are closer or further apart *from each other* than some other cars. Never had a problem getting a comfy driving position in any car I've ever owned, apart from the Yarii. Obviously I am not 'standard Yaris fit' :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links