Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Underseat Sub - Fitted

Not sure whats going on with that link, just google the mutant website and then look under the enclosed subs section and its hiding away in there. It is quite a bit samller than the pioneer one, dosent sound quite as good admittidly, but its was half the price and i didnt want it to get kicked by people feet sitting in the back.

The link DOES work now. Yesterday I got a "server not found" on alle of my computers/browsers...

Anyway, the size isn't that different:

Pioneer is 280 x 200 x 80 mm, Mutant is 285 x 195 x 55 mm, so if you've

mounted it like I have you'll only have 5mm more room for your feet.

The height IS much less, but that's a mute point as there is ample space under

the seat, the TS-WX22 is 110mm thick and can even fit without any trouble.

But if you're happy with the subwofer, who am I to argue?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BadBoyVTEC

• MARKO2

• Jan van de Wouw

• Lister2020

can we see some pictures of the install please? Considering this myself :D

Edit:

If I was to dump one in the boot, what's the biggest we could manage. I put one in my ex's Siecento last year, and IIRC, that was 8" and had to push rear seats forward to get the sub in lol

no idea, but I have a black 10" sub box with 3 months use for sale

pictures? link? Cost?

need to see if I've still got my old 10" subs lol

Send me dimensions of the box if possible, and I can see if it'll fit in the boot :D

I was wondering if this underfloor sub just sits there or if you have to bolt it down? I don't really want to take the seat out..

pictures? link? Cost?

need to see if I've still got my old 10" subs lol

Send me dimensions of the box if possible, and I can see if it'll fit in the boot :D

Will do when i'm home, you can have it for the price of the postage as i just want rid, of you know of anywhere you'd like to use as a currier then thats fine by me :)

Picture of sub box

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...ts_id/1011.html

I was wondering if this underfloor sub just sits there or if you have to bolt it down? I don't really want to take the seat out..

Didn't take my seat out. Tried, but no luck.

Secured my subwoofer (wx11) by sticking a lot of velcro to the bottom of it.

It also wedges up to the cross-member that supports the seats, so wont move forward under heavy braking.

As you know, moving rearward under hard acceleration is unlikely....

Didn't take my seat out. Tried, but no luck.

Secured my subwoofer (wx11) by sticking a lot of velcro to the bottom of it.

It also wedges up to the cross-member that supports the seats, so wont move forward under heavy braking.

As you know, moving rearward under hard acceleration is unlikely....

Thats how mine is mounted, thought i would try the velcro first before i started serious dismantleing and its perfectly fine as is. Sorry cant get pics to upload.

I mounted mine under the passenger seat:

substoel.jpg

I mounted the sub to a couple of aluminium bits, which I then

glued to the floor of the car using industrial strength adhesive.

pootjes.jpg

The double sides sticky-tape helps secure the aluminum and aids while !Removed! the sub to tbe pieces

I cust a couple of small holes in the carpeting and removed the felt below these cuts:

tapijt.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Resurrecting this thread because I installed a new head unit, a Beat 550, with DVD and bluetooth. The unit has a sub connection in the form of a single RCA plug. Now I connected this to one of the two RCA inputs on the sub expecting to get better results than with the original head unit. However the bass seems to have lost its punch and sounDs much less impressive. Could this be because I have used the wrong interconnect? In other words does it make any difference that I have connected to only one of the RCA inputs on the sub rather than both? And if so is it possible to buy a lead with 1 rca on one end and 2 on the other? Comments/ advice welcome!

You can get a Y-cable to provide signal to both sub-inputs, but what

I'm really interested in is how you had your sub connected before?

If you were using the high-level input I think you

need to re-adjust the gain and low-pass filtering.

Why has your hu only got one? It needs two, one for left and one for right. Like this you are missing one channel of sound therefore it will sound 1/2 as loud.

Get one of these: http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...ts_id/2480.html

You will get better volume but slightly less quality with one these.

It's not that uncommon to have only one sub-output, since

the actually subwoofer is usually only just one speaker too...

Most subwofers that do have two RCA-inputs for the sub end up adding the signals

internally after some filtering, but this does not increase the signal strength

(voltage-output), but gives more current, which is not really an issue at line-level...

I really think the gain and cross-over need to be adjusted.

Either way the amp is designed with 2 inputs and thats what it is looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

Will try a Y cable first as I reckon that I'm only getting half the bass volume-something certainly amiss! Tried altering the gain but the instructions with the mutant are not clear-not sure what the various switches on the unit actually do other than the gain control. Will let you know how I get on . Meanwhile thanks for the help and interest.

It's not that uncommon to have only one sub-output, since

the actually subwoofer is usually only just one speaker too...

Most subwofers that do have two RCA-inputs for the sub end up adding the signals

internally after some filtering, but this does not increase the signal strength

(voltage-output), but gives more current, which is not really an issue at line-level...

I really think the gain and cross-over need to be adjusted.

Had a look at the switches on the sub but not sure how to do the adjustment. The user manual states 'When turning on the amplifier for the first time turn the gain control to minimum and also turn the crossover to minimum and the bass boost to off. Also turn the remote bass control to minimum.'

Looking at the switches on the sub I notice one is labelled frequency and this has a slot in a grub type screw which can be turned from 80 to 200. Is this the gain control? Another switch is labelled lpf and has two settings on and off. The third switch is labelled 'phase' with two settings also.

What I would like to know is which of these is the crossover and which is the gain control and how do I do the adjustment? Any advice much welcomed.

To adjust your sounds if you don't know what your doing can be awkward however, you should first start with the volume on medium and all the controls on the amp set to nothing. Start by turning up the gain to about halfway and then your frequency. The switch should be set to LPF as this stands for low pass filter because a sub only needs the low notes. (HPF - high pass filter). Adjust these according to your needs and after a few months turn up the gain and re-tune it all as your sub will have "bedded in".

I found a place that will fit a sub for me for £40 but they wanted £145 for the pioneer sub!!!!!!! How much does the pioneer sub normally cost?

I found a place that will fit a sub for me for £40 but they wanted £145 for the pioneer sub!!!!!!! How much does the pioneer sub normally cost?

c. £120.

I had similar to you - one place was £50 to fit, £150 price.... I paid about £110, fitted it myself. If you're reasonably handy, it's quite easy to do.

To adjust your sounds if you don't know what your doing can be awkward however, you should first start with the volume on medium and all the controls on the amp set to nothing. Start by turning up the gain to about halfway and then your frequency. The switch should be set to LPF as this stands for low pass filter because a sub only needs the low notes. (HPF - high pass filter). Adjust these according to your needs and after a few months turn up the gain and re-tune it all as your sub will have "bedded in".

Problem I'm having with the Mutant MT5AS is in identifying the various controls to adjust correctly. As stated in my previous post there is one adjustable knob labelled 'frequency', an LPF switch with 'on' and 'off' and one further switch with two settings labelled 'phase'. So not sure which is the 'gain' control or 'crossover' as I believe these require adjustment in the setting up of the sub. Pehaps 'big boz' could help as he fitted one of these and started the thread. Cheers for the reply though.

Phase should be normal. LPF to ON. And put frequency up until you think it sounds good.

c. £120.

I had similar to you - one place was £50 to fit, £150 price.... I paid about £110, fitted it myself. If you're reasonably handy, it's quite easy to do.

Nah, I don't have the knowhow or the patience to do it. I dont mind paying the 40 quid to get it put in.

Problem I'm having with the Mutant MT5AS is in identifying the various controls to adjust correctly. As stated in my previous post there is one adjustable knob labelled 'frequency', an LPF switch with 'on' and 'off' and one further switch with two settings labelled 'phase'. So not sure which is the 'gain' control or 'crossover' as I believe these require adjustment in the setting up of the sub. Pehaps 'big boz' could help as he fitted one of these and started the thread. Cheers for the reply though.

I find with the sub to have the LPF swith on and the gain control nearer to 80. The phase switch doesn't do much for me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links