Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Accessories

GIDDLEPIN

I have received a request from Toyota GB regarding accessories for the Aygo which I am sure will interest our members :thumbsup:

From David Crouch Toyota GB:

'Toyota are looking at the range of accessories they offer on AYGO and would welcome any advice from members? So if you have any ideas for new accessories / product developments, then please post on this thread.

Thank You on behalf of Toyota GB'

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jan van de Wouw

• crisskro

• Paul Gi

• Zaaro

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well where do I start.......hmmmmmmm

A thingy to adjust the seat belt for ickle peeps like me would be great

Obviously a rev counter (so many of us have fitted one already)

and the list goes on no doubt :rolleyes:

Now is your chance folks.............Speak now

Kingo :thumbsup:

woohooooo

Ok well hmmmmm I need to go away and think about this :lol:

I will be back with a list!

SJx

Would a better Head Unit be a possibility? I know its easy enough to just go out and buy a new one but an after market one looks very out of place to me in the Aygo and it would be great if a much better quality one that looks the same as the OEM one could be purchased. Im sure there are quite a few others who feel the same.

Dont know if the following is possible but would another TTE Rear skirt be possible since the only one available at moment requires you to have the sports silencer aswell. Also maybe another spoiler aswell.

All I can think of for now.

*seat belt gadget.. my wife really struggles to grab the seat belt as she is small

*glove box door

*change pot to fit inside cup holder which can be removable

*mats with coloured piping to match car colour

* Colour coded mud flaps

* bottom grill fog lamp inserts, these could be fitted on later date.

*glove box door

* bottom grill fog lamp inserts, these could be fitted on later date.

The TTE/TMS grill allready exists, as does the glovebox lid...

You can get a seatbelt grabby-thing at Halfords and such...

Toyota just need to look at the accessories available from Peugeot and Citreon for the 107 and C1. They supply twin headlight convertions, differnt rear light unit, sports style grills and other tuning style items. My friends and I have had to source these items elsewhere, but would have prefered to have bought genuine parts.

As the car is aimed at younger drivers who are normally on a tighter budget how about something like a set of different coloured trim rings for the air vents, speedo etc, that could be interchanged. A simple thing like this completely changes the look of the interior. Other manufacturers do this for their younger market cars, so why not Toyota.

Engine performance enhancement, mudflaps colour coded, sport pedals, something to cover the seatbelt metal, aluminium gearknob + gaiter, twin headlight convertions, LED rear lights, sport style grill, one touch electric window, passenger electric window accessible from the driver's side, MP3 player, wider rims (6.5J), bigger boot whiper. The list can continue. And for god's sake, do not overprice them, I WILL NOT PAY 2 or 3 times the value, even if it's from toyota.

(14' toyota wheels cost DOUBLE than aftermarket 15' rims, SO why get 14' rims when you can get 15' with NEW tires for the same cost?)

I have 2 aygos because the price per value was right. If we were smart enough to buy the car, we will be smart enough not to pay for something worth a lot less.

Trip computer would be nice! Just to monitor MPG stats and give accurate miles left to empty, outside temp etc...

Something that could fit in the top middle shelf, or be fitted at the dealers which is fitted behind it. We have seen lots of people on here fit the scangauge neatly.

Stereo upgrade. Better head unit and Speakers! I like the look of the Aygo stereo, the regular rectangular stereo replacement look a bit ugly compared to the nicely curved aygo original, but its pitifully low powered! Plug and play parcel shelf with Speakers perhaps!

Boot light!

Heated front screen! Its something Ford do more and more as standard (they call it 'quick clear')and I will really miss it in the winter, de-ices your window in seconds! and keeps it mist free!

Coin tray liner! I have lined mine with felt to stop the contents rattling but a decent moulded rubber one would be nice!

Cup holder inserts! The cup holders are a little too big for a 500ml coke bottle, they fly out going round corners. A snap-on/push-in collar with rubber teeth to grip the bottle would be brilliant and something I might have a go at making myself!

Trip computer would be nice! Just to monitor MPG stats and give accurate miles left to empty, outside temp etc...

Yea, forgot about that :D

I find having to sort out a sub and rev counter myself quite annoying seeing as they were both previously supported.

Finally!

1) Trip Computer (as previously mentioned)

2) An uprated SoundPack (one which uses Aftermarket items rather than Toyota branded items for everything - underseat sub, Speakers, tweeters, head unit, maybe even an amp? Citroen use this method in the from of supplying Blaupunkt gear)

3) A proper iPod kit rather than just a 3.5mm jack lead

4) Any listings available for the TTE Alloy Wheels?

5) Projector-style headlights for the possibility of xenon HID lights

6) Rear brake discs option

7) Sports Seats (as the standard ones just don't hold you in place

8) A Toyota-approved Performance Kit (like the TTE D4-D Kit or MR-S Turbo kit for example?)

9) And finally, this is a personal option, what about using a material like suede or alcantara to line the top of the dashboard - on the rare occassion of it being sunny in scotland, the dashboard reflects the light onto the windscreen and all i see is the dashboard on my windscreen... I think the term is flocking if i recall correctly

Also what it be unreasonable to ask for cheaper prices? LoL sounds tight i know but hey - haggling's haggling!

3) A proper iPod kit rather than just a 3.5mm jack lead

Ask for partnumbers PZ473-00261-A0 and PZ473-90261-00 at your dealer.

It's an interface that allows you to control your iPod over the factory HU as if it's a CD-changer...

With extra cables it can even be used together with the factory subwoofer and/or CD-changer.

Have a look at the AIM to know what I'm talking about: nr. AIM 001 108-0

How about something to make the driver's seat a little higher (maybe a set of brackets - presumably dealer fitted to validate safety)

A single blade wiper that works properly (i.e. approved by Toyota)

Nice gear lever knob and better gaiter (the current one keeps sliding down)

Toyota approved front Speakers (plug and play) to replace existing poor sounding ones

Short aerial to replace the current spindly one

Different, sportier looking wheel trims (for those that can't afford alloys)

I have received a request from Toyota GB regarding accessories for the Aygo which I am sure will interest our members :thumbsup:

From David Crouch Toyota GB:

'Toyota are looking at the range of accessories they offer on AYGO and would welcome any advice from members? So if you have any ideas for new accessories / product developments, then please post on this thread.

Thank You on behalf of Toyota GB'

what about body kits because i have searched every where for a body kit and a link on this page led me 2 one www.JM-carstyling.co.uk this is the web link

what about body kits because i have searched every where for a body kit and a link on this page led me 2 one www.JM-carstyling.co.uk this is the web link

Toyota already do a TTE or Toyota F1 Motorsport Bodykit available from the dealership - also another dealership registered on eBay that sells them...

And another suggestion - Steering wheel or steering column-installed audio controls?

The 1 thing that everybody is thinking: the gear knob and gaiter SUX! . At least that, from all of the sugestions! Looks cheap, feels cheap, IS CHEAP! Many have got replacements, but still, a nice gear knob, specially from toyota, I would like to buy.

Regarding a nice Toyota gearnob, maybe in the mean time you could try going down the scrapper and seeing if there are any Avensis/other toyotas that will most probably have a better gearnob(and should fit)

Not a problem, I have an aluminium gearknob. But still, an original toyota one would be nice.

After spending at least 6 hours a day 5 days a week in my Aygo, there's not that much to complain about. Here are a few suggestions though;

1, Soften off the ride a little, just a bit skittish on normal roads and over small bumps it can get a bit jiggly :wacko:

2, A little more refinement would be nice, tyre noise on rougher roads is loud, maybe different tyres perhaps?

3, Clutch bite set lower

4, Seats are comfy for long periods, a little more support in corners would be good

5, Better stereo, more bass and better overall sound would be good. The car is aimed at young people, but my pupils laugh at the sound if I turn it on.

6, Glovebox and rev counter should be standard. When youve got the Hyundai i10 with AC, revs and locking/windows for £6500 the aygo could afford a little more standard equipment.

Thats it really, it is a great car and all my pupils love it. :toast:

Ian

Clutch foot rest. Passenger door light as standard. Boot light as standard.

Reguarding aftermarket products we need another Toyota Official bodykit. Some alternative lights. etc.etc.

• 2 weeks later...

In addition to all the other comments on here I would also like to suggest that Toyota do something about the shockingly few number of paint finishes that the Aygo comes in. Surely as a fun city car it should also be available in a few fun colours?

The base model should have its price reduced to reflect that it is in a more competative market place now.

There should only be 3 models -

Aygo, a base model with elec windows and central locking

Aygo 'Luxury' (aka Platinum) offering leather/alcantara, air con, upgraded sound system, sun roof, alloys, MMT as standard with manual as a no cost option. (additional cost over base model approx £1,500).

Aygo 'Sporty' offering a more powerful engine, larger alloys, skirts, spoilers (additional cost over base model approx £1,500)

Obviously the additional parts that are available on either of the higher spec models could then be put onto an options list so you could spec a Lux Sport model if you had the additional £1,500 on top of either the Sport or Lux version