Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Accessories

GIDDLEPIN

Here is the latest message received from the aftersales department at Toyota GB

Dear All,

Thank you so much for all of your ideas and views on the current/potential accessory line up for AYGO, you have certainly given us something to think about and work on!

We have already begun discussions with Toyota Motor Europe to reduce prices following your comments eg. Rev Counter . If you have any thoughts please add them to this post, we are dropping in for a look on a daily basis.

Thanks Again

Toyota (GB) PLC

Keep those suggestions coming :thumbsup:

Les

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jan van de Wouw

• crisskro

• Paul Gi

• Zaaro

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To reiterate what's either been said by others or indeed myself, the main quibbles are: -

1) Price of parts - for example, Peugeot offer Sports Rear Exhausts with Side exits retailing at £119 inc VAT and the centre exit style for £229 inc VAT so Toyota need to be aiming near there if there is to be any chance of shifting the TTE Silencers

2) Range of Audio Upgrades (Speakers, Headunits, Subs and/or Amps & PROPER iPod Connectivity not some daft 3.5mm jack lead)

3) Something like a Comfort Pack (i.e. Door Switches on all 4 doors, Boot Light, Alarm Upgrade that utilizes the existing Remote Locking Key etc)

4) Air Conditioning or ESP that can be fitted to cars that don't have them fitted (whether it be cars that don't normally get them or cars that were provided from dealers without A/C for example)

5) Alternative Lights (Sports Rear Lights, LED Rear Lights, Legal xenon Projector HID Lights etc)

6) As seen in another thread (and also combined with a personal opinion) Can the Speedo Unit thing be replaced with a petrol guage that's measured with a needle rather than a blob? It's proving to be an unaccurate measuring device...

I would love a rear bike carrier to fit an aygo, please please develop one!

Allready available. There's even a couple of topics on the matter on this forum.

Here is the latest message received from the aftersales department at Toyota GB
Dear All,

Thank you so much for all of your ideas and views on the current/potential accessory line up for AYGO, you have certainly given us something to think about and work on!

We have already begun discussions with Toyota Motor Europe to reduce prices following your comments eg. Rev Counter . If you have any thoughts please add them to this post, we are dropping in for a look on a daily basis.

Thanks Again

Toyota (GB) PLC

Keep those suggestions coming :thumbsup:

Les

Didn't spot this before, good to see some feedback! I do hope many of the suggestions get put in to place, will be popping into dealer soon to see if theres been any price movements on the rev counter

err, incase its not been asked for......tomtom dock for the newer model tomtoms would be handy :toast:

It is great for Aygo owners but do Toyota GB ask that same question for their entire model range :unsure:

Come on Mr Toyota please think of the owners of your other cars :thumbsup:

TURBO! (or a similar, legal, engine performance upgrade. Something to boost it to at least 80 hp)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry, but I just don't get why a lot of people keep asking for existing accesories...

3-drs roofbars ARE available, the Dutch "Accesory-picker comes back with

partnumber PZ403-91610-GA give that a try at your preferred Dealer...

Little bump on this thread - any word from Toyota regarding price negotiations?

It's the only thing putting me off TF1/TTE accessories right now...

What about an automatic umbrella for when it rains to stop the water ingress.....or failing that upgraded seals....

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone kno if there are headlamp units that have LED running lights, like the new audis, in them?

or if Bi-Xenons are available from somewhere?

None available AFAIK.

Kinda stupid too (not that I'd want any), since there ARE aftermarket headlichts available for both the 107 and the C1,

whicht are outsold by the Aygo even if you put them together (at least they are in The Netherlands if I recall correct).

None available AFAIK.

Kinda stupid too (not that I'd want any), since there ARE aftermarket headlichts available for both the 107 and the C1,

whicht are outsold by the Aygo even if you put them together (at least they are in The Netherlands if I recall correct).

i've seen them lights on the net somewhere. gotta have the entire front end off to work on though. if i could get them for the aygo, then i'd have a crack at doin them. but a bit expensive. and the Running lights were my GFs suggestion lol. she obsessed by them. lol

The front has to come off anyway if you want to swap headlights: their bolts are hidden under the plastic bumper...

Not too much work though; I've had my bumper off of the car for 15 times or so and can take it off in less than 5 minutes now.

I actually had it off last saturday AND last sunday, while fitting running lights. Had to put it back on in between to get some extra stuff...

Mine have been mounted to look like OEM TTE foglights:

DRL08.gif

The low angle on the photo and short distance makes them look even brighter than they are...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

post-69484-1229117895_thumb.jpg

Would a better Head Unit be a possibility? I know its easy enough to just go out and buy a new one but an after market one looks very out of place to me in the Aygo and it would be great if a much better quality one that looks the same as the OEM one could be purchased. Im sure there are quite a few others who feel the same.

Dont know if the following is possible but would another TTE Rear skirt be possible since the only one available at moment requires you to have the sports silencer aswell. Also maybe another spoiler aswell.

All I can think of for now.

hello can some1 tell me why i cant upload my aygo photos here?? or mail me on stephvsf88@hotmail.com

pls thanks alot!

Trip computer would be nice! Just to monitor MPG stats and give accurate miles left to empty, outside temp etc...

Yea, forgot about that :D

nice alloy wheels you've got!!!!

The front has to come off anyway if you want to swap headlights: their bolts are hidden under the plastic bumper...

Not too much work though; I've had my bumper off of the car for 15 times or so and can take it off in less than 5 minutes now.

I actually had it off last saturday AND last sunday, while fitting running lights. Had to put it back on in between to get some extra stuff...

Mine have been mounted to look like OEM TTE foglights:

DRL08.gif

The low angle on the photo and short distance makes them look even brighter than they are...

Jan, have you got a circuit diagram to show how you wired up the lights.

Jan, have you got a circuit diagram to show how you wired up the lights.

Sorry, but I don't. The kit came pre-wired and I just neede to hook up three wires.

It was very simple though, so I'll try to explain without a schematic...

The kit uses a standard SPDT automotive relay, so one with 5 tabs underneath...

Those tabs are numbered: 85 and 86 are the coil connections, 30 is the central contact,

87A is the rest-position (NC) (center tab) and 87 is the active tab (NO).

100_4364.JPG

4 of those are in use in this application. The top-left set of wires is the power-feed and ground.

I connected the ground lead (tab 86) to a bolt on the frame of the car, the red wire needs

to be connected to a +12V with ignition and need to be able to provide 1A for my set.

I decided to tap into the wiring for the windshieldwasher, as this was available behind the

fluid tank underneath the RH head light and was exposed anyway as I had my bumper off.

I tapped into the green wire, since that was the longest one, enabling me to

solder it by pulling it out after unplugging both plugs...

DRL06.jpg

The orange lead is hooked up to tab 85 and need to get +12V whith position lights.

Since I was allready running wires to the righthand side I hooked this wire into the

righthand side position light. A green wire if I remember correctly.

Now all that need to be connected are the actual DRL's. As you can see in the pic above their wires (coming in

from the left) hook up to the center tab (87A) of the relay for positive and they share the ground with tab 86.

The way this works is that tabs 30 and 87A are connected at rest, so whn the ignition is turned on power

runs from the washer-feed to the relay, through 30 and 87A to the DRL's and then to ground.

When the positionlights are turned on the relay activates and OPENS the connection between 30 and 87A,

switchin off the DRL's. This way the DRL's cannot light with any other lights on, except when you flash your highs.

As soon as the key is turned to IGN (3rd position) the LED's light up

and they switch off when you turn back the key or switch off the engine.

When I get home at night I allways turn off the lights first, so I allways

see the DRL's light for a couple of seconds before I turn off the car...

Works like a charm and you really ARE seen better during the day wth less energy consumed:

the DRL's use only 12W together, while just switching on the positionlights uses over 35W!

Turning on the headlights increases this with 110W, shich is considerable:

you can even hear the engine strugle when you turn them on while idling...

Hope all is clear now, if not, let me know!

PS. I removed the Xenons two weeks ago, as I was getting too many a flash from opposite

traffic, even with the beams pointed down to level 3 on the beam-adjuster-wheel...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There's a two-stage light, isn't that enough?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links