Join Premium & Save
    • Huge Range of Toyota Parts
      Huge Range of Toyota Parts
    • Review Your Toyota
      Review Your Toyota
    • Save Up To 15% Off For Members
      Save Up To 15% Off For Members

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Pandemonium

Scratch Removal

13 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Any advice on removing scratches? Some git keyed my car and there's a big scratch along one of the rear doors. The scratch doesn't look deep. Can I use something like T-Cut to buff it out? It's metallic paint though (Vivid Blue).

Hope it's not an expensive insurance claim :-(

Phil.

Hi all,

Any advice on removing scratches? Some git keyed my car and there's a big scratch along one of the rear doors. The scratch doesn't look deep. Can I use something like T-Cut to buff it out? It's metallic paint though (Vivid Blue).

Phil.

I think there is a T-cut specially for metallics but it may be better to ask a reputable paint shop if they can do it. They will make a good job or recommend a respray. Just painting the door should be a few hundred pounds, probably not enough to warrant a claim. :unsure:

I think there is a T-cut specially for metallics but it may be better to ask a reputable paint shop if they can do it. They will make a good job or recommend a respray. Just painting the door should be a few hundred pounds, probably not enough to warrant a claim. :unsure:

A few hundred pounds :o

Certain Insurers now cover vandalism damage without it affecting your insurance excess........................it may be worth checking

Have you checked to see if a "Chips Away" type company can do it? Would have thought that would be less than £100. Our local guy did a few bits on hubby's car (not scratches, but stone chips and a parking scrape) and you can't even see where it was. His car is metallic blue, and Chips Away even got the flake in the paint looking right.

Have you checked to see if a "Chips Away" type company can do it? Would have thought that would be less than £100. Our local guy did a few bits on hubby's car (not scratches, but stone chips and a parking scrape) and you can't even see where it was. His car is metallic blue, and Chips Away even got the flake in the paint looking right.

I haven't yet as I only discovered it this morning. A friend's dad is going to take a look at it this evening. I'll look into Chips Away too though.

Not that I promote violence in any shape or form but you should find that jealous fool and give them a good shoe-in!

Try some Dr Colourchip, providing the scratch isnt too deep it shoul come out then polish it up should look okay.

Polish it with some McGuiars

or alternativley get some McGuiars Scratch X, its better than T-Cut

I sent a couple of digital photos to ChipsAway and I got back an estimate of £170 :( I don't know if it's worth claiming on the insurance or not seeing as my premium will probably skyrocket as a result.

I tried polishing it out - just Super Resin Polish stuff at the moment, no abrasive stuff like Scratch X. The scratch is probably too bad for stuff like that.

Here are the images of the scratch:

IMGP0447.jpg

IMGP0448.jpg

mate, gutted for you. Hope you get it sorted. Sorry I cant recommend any places as your no where near me.

good luck anyway.

Hi all,

Phil.

Hi Phil,

I know this thread is many years old, but was wondering how you sorted the scratch in the end? Sorry that happened to you; I know how it feels now, as my 4 month old Yaris Hybrid was done recently :bored:

Any tips from others that have experienced this on their metallic paint?

Cheers.

Hello Helen - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Pictures would be useful to get an idea of the extent of the scratches.

Not sure how to attach a photo but have tried below:

">Scratch_zps98f11cbd.jpg

Sorry, it's upside down!