Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pic's Of My New Car

Oli

£1400 !!! ouch dude !!

I know how you feel about keeping the insurance company out of it. I had to claim on an accidident I had... next year my insurance will be even worse than it is now ?!?!

I would see if a bodyshop/accident repair centre could fix it cheaper first.

I use an accident repair centre for all my bodywork. They are very good... good quality work and you can never tell anything was ever there in the first place. I've had a few knocks etc sorted in my car from them.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oli

• Macca.17

• Surinder

• jerry phipps

sorry to here about your car mate hope you get it fixed soon( !Removed! car parks they only seem to hurt new motors :angry: ) youve got to go for new panels as black will show eveything.......

cheers for the replies.

That was the bodyshop said.. black is a :censor: (well storm blue as it's called) anything on the panel will show though. Meaning new panels all round. White car - No problem, Black Car - ££££££££

I could go though the insurance but i'm 20 on my dad's name. £600 to start and then next year i have to sell the car becuase i can't pay the 10 grand they want.

I know the place that wants £1400 will have it looking the same but for £600 at the moment the insurance is looking better. I haven't even made my 1st payment on the car yet!

Maybe i should of stuck with the YARIS TS

Anyway :thumbsup:

cheers for the replies.

That was the bodyshop said.. black is a  :censor: (well storm blue as it's called) anything on the panel will show though. Meaning new panels all round. White car - No problem, Black Car - ££££££££

I could go though the insurance but i'm 20 on my dad's name. £600 to start and then next year i have to sell the car becuase i can't pay the 10 grand they want.

I know the place that wants £1400 will have it looking the same but for £600 at the moment the insurance is looking better. I haven't even made my 1st payment on the car yet!

Maybe i should of stuck with the YARIS TS

Anyway  :thumbsup:

Black :huh:

Man he is talking rubbish!

The only colour i know which is VERY difficult to blend properly is Red because on most cars it fades pink after a while.

Mate i got the front wing of my car painted again for £90 cash so he is talking rubbish. And white is more difficult than black to paint because it goes creamy almost instantly after its painted.

My local garage would bash it out fill and smooth it out for you and paint it for no more than £500 if they were in a bad mood!

Maybe its because i havent seen it in the flesh but damage like that isnt as bad as the damage i had to my silver 98 gt (where the front was wiped off the car) where i got ripped off for the sum of £1700 when the parts came to less than £600.

Its the labour where they sting you.

If they can get you to buy a new panel and door then they will spend longer on the car and end up making more money off you.

Personally whenever i go to a bodyshop now (mostly when my mates smack their cars thank god) i can sense when they are trying a ripoff.

EVERY garage does it mate, even the one where my mate works. He even trys it on me! :lol:

Yes i agree, black is the easiest colour to match.... plus your car is weeks old not years.... go give them a HUGE slap.

Tell them i sent you! :lol:

At our age its worth holding onto your bonus if you can.

Im 21 with 2 year and the 2 years bonus is worth 50% off your premium!

If i loose that i have to start paying double so im keeping a firm grip on that.

So you may have to Shell out for the repair now but if you loose you bonus its not just one year of expensive premiums but every year until you regain them.

Im still waiting for the guy i hit to send me the bill, my car is all fixed (did it all myself :D ) and its in the autotrader now.

Take a look :D My GT4

My one is the white GT4 for £9495. Dunno if this link will work <_<

Anyway if i was you hold onto your bonus and your Celica. :thumbsup:

My god insurance companies :censor: me off! :lol:

its not the matching of the colours thats the problem, its the repairs can be seen easier in a dark colour than a light colour......................

its not the matching of the colours thats the problem, its the repairs can be seen easier in a dark colour than a light colour......................

this is what they mean't.

I just want it to look as good as it did B4. I've had a crap respray done before and i don't want it again. That was only the first quote though. I'll get some more tomorrow.

Changing the subject. I've just been to see macca's car get towed away after he rolled it down the road. I mean it's ******, write off!! I tried to take a pic on my phone but there wasen't enough light. I don't think anyone is having much look with there cars at the moment.

Oli

aye..... apart from anything else the weather isn't helping much.

I nearly lost the back end at the weekend while I was following Jappybeast around my home town. Wasn't good.

Was my own fault sorta ( was flooring it in second while going round a bend.. not a good idea in a turbo... and the roads were damp. ).

The back end started twitching... then the front a little... finally caught it, but I did cack it. I had images of me spinning off the road... scary !! Couldn't have handled another 7 weeks while my MR2 was getting repaired !!

macca seamed to be taking it well. The car was twisted at the top and even the windows were smashed!

As for the roads, they have been bad for a while. I'm looking forward to the dry, warm weather. I haven't tested the celica on the corners yet. :thumbsup:

The Weather is reeking havoc!!!

Raced sum guy 2nite round the 1 way system but i went round a sweeping left at bout 60mph!!! Next thing i know i've lost the back end i'm facing the cars i've overtook (they're all breaking) and then i sharply turn the steering wheel and it flips me back round the way i wos goin!!!

That wos scary s :censor: :censor: t and i won't be goin fast again 4 a very long time!!!

Thank f :censor: :censor: k i didn't stack it tho!!!

Hi oli

Dam i feel for you mate :crybaby: Hope you get it all sorted. And looking like new again :yes:

jerry!!

Like u sed 2 me last nite oli, there is no point me dwelling on the fact i rolled my car, im just trying to look on the bright side. i wonder what my insurance will be like when its up for renewal in april :o

It was S :ffs: :ffs: t scary tho when you back end is sliding all over the place, then your back wheels clip the edge of the bank, n flips your car over then slide and roll a few times :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

I dont think ill eva be back in a YTS agen :crybaby:

Tom!

Like u sed 2 me last nite oli, there is no point me dwelling on the fact i rolled my car, im just trying to look on the bright side. i wonder what my insurance will be like when its up for renewal in april :o

It was S :ffs: :ffs: t scary tho when you back end is sliding all over the place, then your back wheels clip the edge of the bank, n flips your car over then slide and roll a few times :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

I dont think ill eva be back in a YTS agen :crybaby:

Tom!

:eek: when did you do this?

Cheers Jerry..

Macca i feel for you. That car was :censor: last night! At first it didn't look that bad. Then i saw it all. The whole car was bent in half with dents and bit's of paint missing all over.

I'll try and get that pic off my phone to look better but it only shows the side window. (what's left of it)

By the way Tom. What did the Police say? I didn't fancy hanging around for them.

:thumbsup:

He that PIC.. You can only really see the back window (what's left of it)

CamPicture_4.jpg

i didnt hang around for them either oli, i just went to the hospital, didnt get home till like 4am.n it happened at like 8.30pm

Im so ****** off!!!

i didnt hang around for them either oli, i just went to the hospital, didnt get home till like 4am.n it happened at like 8.30pm

Im so ****** off!!!

:censor: :censor: :censor: :censor:

you ok?

Macca's fine. It's just his car..

I think from the back window you get the picture.

im ok, apart from ive F :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: d neck and back, n just a bruise at the top of me nose, and almost a black eye, but i suppose im lucky 2 b alive as there was a fair few trees where it hapened.

Sorry mate. You looked alright last night.

What have the insurance said?

Hi macca

Jesus what happened mate are you ok? Man you have had a close call. By the sound of it you are lucky to be alive there mate.

:censor: the insurance just be grateful your ok. Do you think that the car will be a right off? Man i dont know what to say mate. Hey good luck with the repairs mate.

jerry!!

Sorry to hear that macca... it's hard to know what to say to someone when they've wrecked their car :(

glad you're 'ok' though it could have been a lot worse!

I was in a similar situation when I lost the back end in the yaris and it's the most scared i've ever been on the road :(

back end came out on some adverse camber just after it had rained so was very slippy... held on to the car by the seat of my pants luckily, was bouncing around inside as the tail was sliding around towards the kerbs... then back towards the traffic.. then to the kerbs again .. was horriffic.

got those yokohama s306's changed within a week after that incident.. really unsafe for anything less than dry :unsure:

once again, sorry to hear about that macca... :( u might have to join me and get a 5th gen celica :D

macca put this standard wheels and tyres back on a few weeks ago.. hence....

jerry the car is a write off. The car was bent in the roof and side. The entire drivers side was :censor: no side window, no front bumper and grill, bent bonnet and the wheels didn't move when it was towed with the handbrake off.

My heart goes out too MACCA. Hope you get it sorted mate :thumbsup: