Do Not Sell My Personal Information

London Motor Show Meet

duncerduncs

Great pics everyone! did you get any good freebies from the show?
There were two leggy babes wandering around, who had flashing,(badges) if you had bluetooth on your phone you got a prize downloaded to your phone, i think CM got a keyring, all i got was a phone number, and MARRIOTT HOTEL room 423; 21-30 but our train was 19-05 so i ignored it, also got a 6"

square chammy leather, absorbs 53000,000 times its own weight in water :yes: and a free lolly, from the ford stand, and a top gear mag for £1, and i could have got a ,I am the stigs fat cousin T shirt for £15!! but they didn,t have any large enough, which was a bit worrying :thumbsup:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chatman

• Hoovie

• Parts-King

• Robert6920

Strange - thats the same number as the amount of people squeezed into that underground carriage with us!

Freebies; how could you forget the Chevvy carry bag?

Purchase - I seem to remember that somebody got some wind tone horns that would make a very good 4.2 improvement tip along with the leather seats!

Shhhhhhhh! Told the wife it was a designer bag cost me £75, she's made up with it.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Strange - thats the same number as the amount of people squeezed into that underground carriage with us!

Purchase - I seem to remember that somebody got some wind tone horns that would make a very good 4.2 improvement tip along with the leather seats!

Depending on what the weather is like, they may well get fitted along with the driving lights tomorrow. Given that it is p******g down here and I may have to trade the RAV4.2 for an ARK 1.5 if it carries on much longer, I am not confident that will happen, mind!

Great pics everyone! did you get any good freebies from the show?

We got the free Shell V Power cap in the bag...I gave the deodorant to the wife and the shaving balm cream as well..... :rolleyes::rolleyes: her need is grater than mine :!Removed!:

Had the free beer on the Toyota hospitality stand...Myself and Anchorman could have had the DVD player and screen out of the crossdresser but the darn thing was screwed in too tight :wacko::wacko:

Apart from the free lollies on the Ford stand....The freebies where a bit on the thin side...I payed some money (towards charity) to get the Nissan GTR poster.. this now adorns my Daughters wall with pride.... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ok, Nowt to do with RAV4 but this is a nice little runabout on the Lexus stand which is bound to be a bargain price when it is released ....

Concept-1Large.jpg

Concept-2Large.jpg

:drool::drool::drool:

Now if those wheels are the right PCD and offset, I've just thought of your next upgrade Hoovie!

Regards

Chris

The Beer at the Toyota stand was quite tasty as well ;)

Yes indeed, forgot to mention that myself. :beer: very nice. Asahi = Rising Sun, apparently. Quite a cool website, too (Over 18s only....)

This is on the tourist trail in Toyko

417876.jpg

The Asahi Building - with the "Golden Turd" :lol:

And this one is the of the mountain bike I'll be getting soon....

DSCF1104.jpg

Change of mind on the bike.... ;) ;)

See this one today and loved it so much...........GT Avalanche 2.0...Has brilliant Hydraulic Disk Brakes and suspension.....Not in blue but looks good in white :yes: :yes:

gt-avalanche-1-08-new.jpg

And this one is the of the mountain bike I'll be getting soon....

DSCF1104.jpg

Change of mind on the bike.... ;) ;)

See this one today and loved it so much...........GT Avalanche 2.0...Has brilliant Hydraulic Disk Brakes and suspension.....Not in blue but looks good in white :yes: :yes:

gt-avalanche-1-08-new.jpg

Hi Chatman - as a fellow mountain biker ( "we 'ave real 'ills in Yorkshire" ), have you come across ChainReaction in NI? They are well worth a look if you are in the market. I've used them a lot and found them excellent. See http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25896. Lovely bike, but I still like my old Kona Fire Mountain as a hardtail and a Marin East Peak in rougher conditions.

Regards

Chris

Notice in earlier photos that you all had a look at the new Toyota Urban-crusier. Did they give anything away on what size and type of engines will grace this fair motor when it arrives in the UK?

Clare

Notice in earlier photos that you all had a look at the new Toyota Urban-crusier. Did they give anything away on what size and type of engines will grace this fair motor when it arrives in the UK?

Clare

I was told petrol, diesel and possibly hybrid. 1.3 & 1.6 petrol plus 1.4 diesel could be a good guess :unsure:

Hi Chatman - as a fellow mountain biker ( "we 'ave real 'ills in Yorkshire" ), have you come across ChainReaction in NI? They are well worth a look if you are in the market. I've used them a lot and found them excellent. See http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25896. Lovely bike, but I still like my old Kona Fire Mountain as a hardtail and a Marin East Peak in rougher conditions.

Regards

Chris

Wish you had shown me this earlier or I posted up what I wanted earlier :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....I was looking at the GT Avalanche 1.0 but bit out of my price (see other topic expense incurred so far) but I was also after Hydraulic Disk brakes and the Avalanche 2.0 had them as well (same as 1.0 as well) so I went for this one... Looks awesome in white....

I still have my old GT Outpost model which is almost 9 years old.. Gears all work, Frame is intact, brakes fine... did 46 mile ride a couple of weeks ago and felt brilliant (and me afterwards) beat some of the newer bikes they all had (no suspension though but new gel saddle took care of me A**)... also have tyres with green slime... so no punctures....(original RFT tyres but better :toast: ) My other bike was a Saracen Raw Full Suspension but got nicked a while back :censor: so not replaced it......Until now....So the wife has gained a reason to get fit with me and our daughter :crybaby: When I get it I'll take some photo's (I'll leave the Lycra short shots out though...)

Here's too green travel and hacking down some rut infested bridal way and single track "whoop Whoop" :D :D :D

Clare

I was told petrol, diesel and possibly hybrid. 1.3 & 1.6 petrol plus 1.4 diesel could be a good guess :unsure:

We where not allowed near it :2guns: ... Only Robert was tall enough to see inside... Asked what engines would be in and the Yaris Diesel 1.4 engine was mentioned, also the Auris 1.6..... It did look cool though but I thought the back looked a bit Freelander'ish ;) ;)

DSCF1139.jpg

DSCF1138.jpg

DSCF1141.jpg

DSCF1136.jpg

Off for the rest of this week, so thought I would upload my photo's to flickr

Watch out for the covert photo of DS Don Beech of the "Bill" fame, seen on the VLM flight from LCY to MAN Interpol have been informed, isnt he still on the run? thought he was hiding in Spain :lol:

Kingos Photos

Kingo :thumbsup:

An impressive 472,300 people visited the London motor show over its two-week running period

And most of these all squeezed onto the same underground train as Local Hero and Anchorman :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its interactive activities proved particularly popular, with 6000 people taking up Mazda’s Zoom-Zoom challenge and over 25,000 trying Land Rover’s Ultimate Experience. wonder how many of these where disgruntled customers...on their 3rd gearbox maybe ;)

Although ExCel organizers originally set themselves a target of 500,000 visitors, the show is being seen as a success.

Kirsty Perkinson, show organizer said: “We had record numbers of people coming to the Show, helped by the fantastic weather, the broad range of interactive activities on offer every day and the number of world premieres on display. Visitors, exhibitors and media have all given excellent feedback, citing the quality, variety and interactivity the Show has to offer.”

London’s ExCel has a deal to host the motor show until 2010, but some commentators have already expressed concern about the relatively low number of new car launches this year.

However the organizers insist that according almost all the car makers that attended the show are reporting increased leads and more test-drive requests as a result of their stands.

8% of the population are disabled

400,000+ people in Scotland are disabled

4,000,000 people + in England are disabled.

So why haven't the manufacturers recognised this and stop modifying existing cars and make something more suitable - the RAV as it was designed is more accessible due to its height and space on the 3 door which is why I have them. If I wanted a bleeeeeeeeeeeeeedin ambulance to drive, I'd buy one.

Kirsty Perkinson, show organizer said: “We had record numbers of people coming to the Show, helped by the fantastic weather

Perky Kirsty was obviously on holiday in the sun that week - the weather was blinking awful on the day we were there :laughing:

Kirsty Perkinson, show organizer said: “We had record numbers of people coming to the Show, helped by the fantastic weather

Perky Kirsty was obviously on holiday in the sun that week - the weather was blinking awful on the day we were there :laughing:

I dunno Robert, I was sweating like a Racehorse getting back to the airport, might have been summat to do with a few pints, fish and chips, being a pound or two overweight and an impending flight closure with two minutes to spare :lol: Still I was at home and cracking open a tinnie by 8pm

Kingo :thumbsup: