Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should Get An Aygo?

hobnob

40yrs and I got rid of a hypersports bike (Hate the rain !!) Love the aygo to bits. One little point, though just clocked 17k having bought brand new and now seem to be getting much better mpg. Gone from about 53 to almost 60 - Any ideas ???

40yrs and I got rid of a hypersports bike (Hate the rain !!) Love the aygo to bits. One little point, though just clocked 17k having bought brand new and now seem to be getting much better mpg. Gone from about 53 to almost 60 - Any ideas ???

I would think that at 17K it is now run in.

You can start to drive a little faster now. ;) :lol:

Maybe he should have sold the Avensis privately then bought an Aygo privately missing out dealers who need to make money on top of the value of the car. If I didn't have a Yaris I'd certainly get an Aygo without air con, just more to go wrong and adds weight. I've had loads of cars and the one that was the greatest tart trap was my first car...a battered old Mini!

my bro keeps going on about how in two years it will be worth two thousand less.

I intend to keep my aygo for everrrrrrr!

my bro keeps going on about how in two years it will be worth two thousand less.

I intend to keep my aygo for everrrrrrr!

Quite possibly true!......However......

Anything that uses a lot of fuel loses money like you wouldn't believe.

The AYGO is my first "brand new" car at the age of 45.

I always looked at depreciation of new cars and said I'd NEVER, EVER buy new but

after lots of reading up on the AYGO and deciding on the spec. I wanted,

I found I couldn't get what I wanted in the used market.

No regrets at all. The money saved on my tax, insurance and petrol far

outweighs new car depreciation compared to cars I have run in the past.

Buy one......Honestly, ......It does make sense.

Ian.

The AYGO is my first "brand new" car at the age of 45.

Same here (but in my late 30's), I've had a few comments at work about running such a small car but £35 tax and £135 fully comp insurance soon changes their views :P

Every french car i have ever owned was a complete steaming pile of excrement. If it could go wrong it did. Granted the 306 drove nicely (until the head gasket went boom at 60k) and the xantia was smooth (when the suspension wasnt playing up) but otherwise there is no way on gods green earth that i will ever buy another French car.

My sis has got a Clio 172 Cup which goes pretty well, but rattles like a bag of nails. Good luck to you Hobnob, however given you have got onion transporters on your drive i reckon you are drastically increasing you chances of dissaster!!

Truer words were never spoken.Truly the most unreliable junk on the road.I should know I would be out of work without french cars breaking.