Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starter Motor

Jemmo

1998 Avensis 1.8 - are there any part numbers stamped on the starter motor and where would they be on the motor.

It's difficult to see at the moment as I am unable to jack the car up but I can't see anything on the top of the motor or solenoid.

Okay - got the offending article out of the car. There was a lot of debris (ceramic chippings - and I noticed some teeth in part of the ceramic) so it looks like something has gone wrong inside.

Anyone know the best place to get a recon model?

I know there's eBay but I thought I'd ask first to see if anyone has had any starter motor issues that resulted in a replacement.

Well, after a few emails back and forth (checking part numbers) I ordered a starter motor yesterday (Monday), it was delivered lunchtime today, and I fitted it this evening.

The car now starts very smoothly and very quietly.

I guess I didn't realise just how poor a condition the original was in leading up to its failure.

Got it from eBay from http://stores.ebay.co.uk/alternators-and-startermotors-uk, so if you need a starter motor, that who I recommend.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links