Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sick Avensis

Deakin

Any of you guys heard this one i was working on Friday night and all of a sudden the car went into limp mode white smoke started to come out the back and it would not take the throttle this only happend for a few seconds and then it started to go alright again,has anyone ever heard of this happening before its quite worring because i taxi in this car and its letting me down big time.

Any of you guys heard this one i was working on Friday night and all of a sudden the car went into limp mode white smoke started to come out the back and it would not take the throttle this only happend for a few seconds and then it started to go alright again,has anyone ever heard of this happening before its quite worring because i taxi in this car and its letting me down big time.

hello

are you sure it was a smoke and not a prime steam?

what about coolant level in the expansion tank? is it stable? you'd better to screw off all spark plugs and check with compression in each cylinder - i presume when tested you'll find a reason with cyl head gasket leak (?)

as vissible yr car is petrol one -- correct? it might has been overloaded before, i deem.

cheers/Igor

hello

what about coolant level in the expansion tank? is it stable? you'd better to screw off all spark plugs and check with compression in each cylinder - i presume when tested you'll find a reason with cyl head gasket leak (?)

as vissible yr car is petrol one -- correct? it might has been overloaded before, i deem.

cheers/Igor

Sorry Igormus i forgot to mention it is a diesel avensis and it was definitely white smoke the car has just had its 120000 mile service and belt changed as well, it has been missing and getting on for quite a while now but this is the first time it has lost power like this and put out the white smoke.Thanks for the reply.

hello

cheers/Igor

Sorry Igormus i forgot to mention it is a diesel avensis and it was definitely white smoke the car has just had its 120000 mile service and belt changed as well, it has been missing and getting on for quite a while now but this is the first time it has lost power like this and put out the white smoke.Thanks for the reply.

hello again

what fuel do you normally use??

is that poor diesel or biodiesel?

look -- there are several reazons when you do observe white smoke, as follows:

- glow plugs performance lack at cool starting;

- poor quality of diesel fuel;

- extensive scavanging air delivery after T/C;

- injection timing is out of adjustment

Please advise what is the BELT was changed??? Is it was a timing belt?

Cheers/Igor

Hi igor i would usually get my fuel from tescos or sainsburys and my timing belt was changed just 2 weeks ago i would have to say that this white smoke does not happen all the time it only happend once but it has been missing for quite a while now also i never have any bother starting the car.

Hi igor i would usually get my fuel from tescos or sainsburys and my timing belt was changed just 2 weeks ago i would have to say that this white smoke does not happen all the time it only happend once but it has been missing for quite a while now also i never have any bother starting the car.

hi

how often do you drain water from fine fuel filter?

besides -- in case the diesel is injected after TBC then it is only heated resulting white smoke.

you'd also conside on compression checking in one cylinder -- let say -- the peak temp reached after compression is not sufficient to ignit the diesel resulting the same white smoke. And another problem might be with fuel valve control solenoid that gives a command to the injector to spray the diesel -- and in case this incoming signal has time delay -- you can also obtain the same result with white smoke sometimes. In any case you'd have your engine tested very carefully.. The diesel engine is either works or not -- no any alternative :rolleyes:

cheers/Igor

hi

besides -- in case the diesel is injected after TBC then it is only heated resulting white smoke.

you'd also conside on compression checking in one cylinder -- let say -- the peak temp reached after compression is not sufficient to ignit the diesel resulting the same white smoke. And another problem might be with fuel valve control solenoid that gives a command to the injector to spray the diesel -- and in case this incoming signal has time delay -- you can also obtain the same result with white smoke sometimes. In any case you'd have your engine tested very carefully.. The diesel engine is either works or not -- no any alternative :rolleyes:

cheers/Igor

Hi again igor i have never drained the fuel filter i have it changed every 10000 miles,i thought that was it untill the next time it needed changed,i have also changed where i am buying my fuel and i am going to drive it on to see what happens i would rather it would lie down all together and get it fixed properly than keep going the way it is,if i bring it in to someone to look at they are only clutching at straws they will start changing things that dont need changing and it will end up costing me a fortune.Thanks for you help.The Deakin.

hi

cheers/Igor

Hi again igor i have never drained the fuel filter i have it changed every 10000 miles,i thought that was it untill the next time it needed changed,i have also changed where i am buying my fuel and i am going to drive it on to see what happens i would rather it would lie down all together and get it fixed properly than keep going the way it is,if i bring it in to someone to look at they are only clutching at straws they will start changing things that dont need changing and it will end up costing me a fortune.Thanks for you help.The Deakin.

Hi Deakin

I feel that small issue arrise a lot of problems with yr engine due to poor repairmen knowledges.

Re fine fuel filter -- it must to have a control drain *****/plug for water check purposes -- the same saves yr HP fuel injection pump from the water.

You stated 10k -- it is a long period for water accumulating -- you'd check it each month to be assures no water in the diesel available.

Re all the reazons listed -- you'd conside with them because all of them are based on the practice and diesel engine working process theory. You have to locate only one mechanic that will be as a doctor for your car. Check with th elist first + good luck/Igor