Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grinding/metal Sound When Turning Right

Zaaro

I did exactly what was in the picture and pushed the heat shield back.  SOLVED the noise issue.  

Can't say enough about how greatful I am.  I thought it was a bearing or CV joint.  With 160,000 miles on the car I was thinking don't repair and get a new car.  Now I'm all smiles.  Fixed it in three seconds thanks the to posters here. 

• Like 1

Just something to bear in mind, unless the shield has been bent by something hitting it (unlikely) or has a huge amount of surface rust on it (even more unlikely) or has been warped by heat (seriously unlikely) the only way that it will make contact with the disc (assuming ball joints/wheel bearings etc are in order) is if the lip of the disc, the part untouched by the pad, is seriously corroded. If this is the case, the discs are likely worn beyond limits. There should be no need to bend the shielding or backplates on any car and in fact I find them quite handy to give an early heads up that something is amiss should they start making noises. On many cars they do indeed run very close to the discs and it is for this reason that if you start getting any noises in the area, be wary.

• 3 weeks later...

Bending plate out fixed mine too. I bent mine changing my ball joint. Thanks I was thinking it was the wheel bearing could of changed a good one because of the noise.