Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is There A Way To Test Rare Springs

hero

Hi Folks,

Happy to join your nice club. I am a Yarii new owner and have the following prob:

When the car is loaded (just 2 heavy persons on rare seats) the car is suffering from bottoming and some high humps shake hands my car bottom.. :crybaby:

I consult some of my friends and they claimed that should be due to a weak springs or malfunction one...

What do you think about this, Is there any way to test the springs myself .. :unsure:

Thanks in advance...

Hi Folks,

Happy to join your nice club. I am a Yarii new owner and have the following prob:

When the car is loaded (just 2 heavy persons on rare seats) the car is suffering from bottoming and some high humps shake hands my car bottom.. :crybaby:

I consult some of my friends and they claimed that should be due to a weak springs or malfunction one...

What do you think about this, Is there any way to test the springs myself .. :unsure:

Thanks in advance...

Hi, I found this on my 02 Yaris. Got worse as mileage went up. (Still under 30,000) In the end, I got new shocks. Much better now, takes a lot more to make it bottom out, if at all. BTW, I fitted Koni adjustable's.

Hi, I found this on my 02 Yaris. Got worse as mileage went up. (Still under 30,000) In the end, I got new shocks. Much better now, takes a lot more to make it bottom out, if at all. BTW, I fitted Koni adjustable's.

Thanks Gar, That means I need to change my shocks...but the car still brand new just 2000 Km...I do not believe the dealer will change it on his cost....

Thanks Gar, That means I need to change my shocks...but the car still brand new just 2000 Km...I do not believe the dealer will change it on his cost....

if they are faulty, he will be obliged too!

If you are just applying too much weight to the car, it may be a different matter, though!

Give them a try, you cant loose out by trying.

Remember, if the dealer has to change them for free, they will still get paid as Toyota will have to foot the bill! B)

if they are faulty, he will be obliged too!

If you are just applying too much weight to the car, it may be a different matter, though!

Give them a try, you cant loose out by trying.

Remember, if the dealer has to change them for free, they will still get paid as Toyota will have to foot the bill! B)

The standard shocks are only going to be budget items, not good quality aftermarket ones. They will only fit the same type again. Eventually, you may find you need better quality ones anyway but while it is under warranty, let them sort it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links