Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Karma Supra

what a good book :lol:

read it years and years ago, and 2 of the 3 sequals.. and wanted to read it again so my sister got it me for crimbo :D

yesterday I thought I'd start reading it again and got a bit engrossed and read the entire hitchhiker's guide, and its sequal the resaraunt at the end of the univers in one sitting :blink:

its soooooooooooooooooooo good!!!!!!!!! who's read it????? :D

If you're looking for an answer to that - it's 6x7

Also shown on TV but all based on the original series broadcast on Radio 4

or the final message to man written in fire..... :lol: "we appologise for the inconviniance.

great book, havent read it in a while though

J

Great book read it years ago and two of the sequels like yourself. Must read them again. Enjoyed the TV series too, thought it really caught the spirit of the book and brought the characters to life. My favourite character is Marvin the paranoid android. :bookworm:

Read it a few years ago now (it was a "trilogy in 4 parts" at the time).

I thought it was brilliant! It changed my whole outlook on life. Few books have come close to it IMO :bookworm: .

I got the new Bill Bryson Book for Crimbo. "A short history of Everything" Anyone who's read bill bryson will know how good he is. Anyone who hasn't, then he is well recommended. This one is excellent as it covers the history of science and wot not.

I had to laugh when he pointed out that the guy who discovered Uranus wanted to call it George! :lol:

I hada feeling there was a 5th book!!!!! is it as good as the others????

not read the books but bought my brother the tapes (as in cassette tapes)many years ago for his birthday when one of us goes on holiday we always take them with us and listen to them. problem is you come home with white ears!! surprised we haven't worn them out yet.

so the answers 42 (it was 42 wasn't it?) makes you think doesn't it

What had me in stictches was the stunt ship...the one set to hit the sun...you know the black one....which was also totally black inside...with the totally black carpet....wut hthe totally black under lay...with the black dials and knobs...and the black lights with the black bulbs which when turned on were totally black.

or the sunglasses...for got their name...summat 2000 ... the ones that turned totally opaque so as to prevent the wear to see what ever ghastly thing just happened..... he approaced the window....his summat 2000 glasses went totally black...he took them off.....he put them back on again...classic!

Vipes

DAve.. DO mate..

its a funny mix of comedy, philosiphy.. and a small part of physics (don;t let that put you off!!!)

the ony reason I read it was when I was 13 or so my english teacher said althou its nothing to do with any course I personally should read it as its RIGHT up my street.. I read it about 5 years later... and damn he was right :D

the sunglesses cracked me up :lol: (as worn by Zaphod Beeblebrox)..

I think my fave part is the philosiphy of flying :D..

on reading the 4th on its kindof dragging its feet a bit... -yes its still great... but not in quite the same class as the others!!!

regardless... I'll buy "mostly harmless" simply because I know if theres more I have to have it :lol:

can anyone else recomend any other books that are nearly as good??? that'd appeal to someone who loves it so much (the book is SO spot on my wavelengh, humour, and outlook... its scary!)

I love reading.. but HATE reading something I don't enjoy... -once I've started it I have to finish it! so if I don;t like it it kinda drags on!

I find the guide entertaining yet it makes you think.. not tooooo hard.. but enough to make your mind wander.. without aching :D

:lol::lol::lol: its so true!!!!

I posteds something similar on girlracer.co.uk.. they just ignored it, then someone asked if it had pictures. :wacko:

Right then Karma, I have just ordered the first 3?? books mainly, on your say so and fidgets too!

they will be the first books, other than contract documents or soil mechanics that I have read since 6th form. Heres hoping they keep me a damn site more entertained

Karma Supra what name do you go bye on Girlracer? (I hope you don't mind me asking) Only I have visited girlracer site a couple of times but they rearly answer my posts either.

Kaz :(

All the other sites(including GR) I go under the name Bruster... :thumbsup: