Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fire Extinguisher

Mat @ SWS

Bit of a strange one really, but our lass mentioned that she want's a fire extinguisher in her car. No doubt if it was left to her, she'd buy a mini one and dump it in boot.

Anyway, how would I go about getting a "proper set up". Talking about a bracket etc to hold in place.

Are these available, or would it be a case of speakin to my welder friend

You need a 'dry powder' extinguisher of about 2kg in weight.

Halfords will sell what you are after.

Don't be tempted to buy a larger extinguisher as if the fire demands more then it would be too large for an amateur to tackle.... simply call the fire brigade.

she ain't an amatur ;) She's a retained firefighter ;) hence wanting an extinguisher in there lol

just seen how big a 2Kg bottle is. See what you mean that if that aint enough the fire brigade need calling lol

Think 2Kg may look a bit OTT in such a small car

she ain't an amatur ;) She's a retained firefighter ;) hence wanting an extinguisher in there lol

I was a 'full time' professional firefighter so hence I used the term amateur.... sorry if the term offends :huh:

just seen how big a 2Kg bottle is. See what you mean that if that aint enough the fire brigade need calling lol

Think 2Kg may look a bit OTT in such a small car

Downgrade the size to 1kg if it makes the person feel better, I have seen them as small as 500g but I think them a waste of time.... trouble is that I was used to using 10kg ones in the fire brigade :lol:

I was a 'full time' professional firefighter so hence I used the term amateur.... sorry if the term offends :huh:

No offence caused mate. How often do you come across firefighters on car forums? Your 1st I know of lol

Wondered if you was one yourself judgin by the avatar ;)

No offence caused mate. How often do you come across firefighters on car forums? Your 1st I know of lol

Wondered if you was one yourself judgin by the avatar ;)

I spent 26 years, boy and beast, in the London Fire Brigade until I happened to be standing in the wrong place at the wrong time as a ceiling fell about 20 feet.... ouch :wacko::crybaby:

ouch. we had a discussion on SCN and at work about working for the fire brigade a few months ago (before seein the mrs) and some of the stories are evil.

Setting fire in allyways and then blocking off the enterance to throw stuff at the guys, weakening doorways so that when firefighters stand under them (for protection) they collapse, removing floor boards and layin carpet over etc etc

why would people do that! sure when I was a kid I got a rush when I saw a big fire engine with lights on, and maybe a mate made a false alarm now and then for "fun" (we was about 7), but settin an abondoned house on fire on purpose with the aim to harm the guys is just plain sick!

So far, I've not been worried about this with our lass yet. Guess the things above mainly happens in Citys etc. The guy who I work with worked in sheff, luckily our lass is based at a small one outside chesterfield and most of her calls so far are smoke alarms!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links