Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Help! (central Locking N Alarm)

Jindai

I already checked the FAQs and they don;t help!! I'm getting the most basic Aygo next week (I'm poor!) I've been looking on eBay for central locking kits, and I've found some universal remote central locking kits for about £20! However a friend of mine said not to get a universal one cause they can fall off or something...so does anyone know if/where i can get an Aygo specific central locking system? And I can assume the car is lacking in the alarm department?

I already checked the FAQs and they don;t help!! I'm getting the most basic Aygo next week (I'm poor!) I've been looking on Ebay for central locking kits, and I've found some universal remote central locking kits for about £20! However a friend of mine said not to get a universal one cause they can fall off or something...so does anyone know if/where i can get an Aygo specific central locking system? And I can assume the car is lacking in the alarm department?

I'm not sure about the central locking kits.

But no aygo has an alarm they can be fitted to them though.

James

You tried toyota?

I'm not trying to be funny, but if you go into toyota and they give you a part number, then there are people who i can point you out to that can get you a good discount :)

Collin

Seriously, the car is 3ft wide, can you not just reach across, thats free, and wont cause you to have to rip the inside of your car apart!

Also if you buying the cheap one cos your poor, surely its a little pointless, then spending money on it??? Just buy a second hand one!

You tried toyota?

I'm not trying to be funny, but if you go into toyota and they give you a part number, then there are people who i can point you out to that can get you a good discount :)

Collin

aw thanks, I'll look into that, that'd be really helpful thank you :D

Seriously, the car is 3ft wide, can you not just reach across, thats free, and wont cause you to have to rip the inside of your car apart!

Also if you buying the cheap one cos your poor, surely its a little pointless, then spending money on it??? Just buy a second hand one!

Yes because the interest on a used one is so much less than a new one! I looked into this...and I'd be paying a couple hundred more on interest alone on a used one. And I begrudge paying at least an extra £500 on central locking n electric windows when I could pick up central locking for £20 n get it installed for free.

If you had a memory as bad as mine, when you leave your car parked in the middle of Liverpool, you'll want central locking...trust me ;)

or, just leave ure passenger one locked until someone needs to use it.. when they get out remind them to lock the door... i used to do that in my ka n never had any problems!

or, just leave ure passenger one locked until someone needs to use it.. when they get out remind them to lock the door... i used to do that in my ka n never had any problems!

Good shout....Why would the passenger door be locked otherwise??

Good shout....Why would the passenger door be locked otherwise??

Mines central locked so I dont have the problem but my doors are always locked whether I'm in the car or not

If you fancy going down the Toyota route then the following part numbes you will require: -

Vehicle Security System-3

Part No. PZ464-00133-00

I have the Platinum edition of the Aygo and i have a sticker that says Vehicle Security System although i think that's just the immobliser/anti-theft system sticker being displayed there...

I don't know how much it would cost to buy and/or fit the thing however it is a genuine Toyota accessory designed for it rather than a sub £20 special off eBay - don't know if its just me but i'd rather just work harder and save up for the real thing... Less hassle for fitment, it's designed for the car and if anything goes wrong you have a warranty (whether it be manufacturers or parts warranty) covering it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links