Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tips For Stripping Suspension On An E90

CorollaMo

Hi I am planning to pull apart the front suspension on my '87 E90 GL 5 door Corolla to give a re-painting but have never attenpted the job before. I'm pretty handy with a spanner but am aware i'll need tools like spring compressors etc. Can anyone give me a list of 'must haves' for the job?

Also while the suspension is in bits i might as well polybush it, anyone know of a kit available for the e90?

Any advice would be gratefully recieved!

cheers

adios, Mo.

a few hours to spare, as you stated a sring compressor or 2, a jack, spanners, workers hands and patients... paint and a paint brush, think your set :)

:) Thanks guys, I'm going to have a look for a spring comrpessor this weekend in a few shops, the rest of the stuff i've got. However the job may have to wait a bit as the old girl is going into the shop for some welding work (something i can't do...yet).

I was thinking of taking it into a shop to have it done but I like messing about with the oily bits and it'll be cheaper!

You may be wondering why i'm spending all this cash & time on an old e90 GL but the long term (pipe dream) plan is to get a black top 20v 4AGE in it to create a street sleeper!

Cheers

Mo.

Right got me some spring compressors, now need to find a polybush kit. In fact, anyone got recommendations on new springs/dampers package for an E90 (87-94?) 'Rolla? Want to get it a bit lower and tighter, but on standard wheels for now.

Whilst in Halfords, with fuel bills on my mind, i ended up getting some Bosch 4-point/electrode spark plugs to try and improve fuel efficiency. I've got some new HT leads on order too as I have no idea how old the ones on the car are! I guess i ought to look at electronic ignition too.

Cheers

Mo.

4-point electrodes are not anymore efficient then single point. The only possible more efficient plugs are iridium/titanium plugs.