Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Oil

toyosports

alrite lads.can sum1 recommend me engine oil 4 my t sport

search the forum - been covered many times. then certain toyota employees tell us we are wrong for using decent oil.....

as above - full synthetic in 0W40

shell helix 5-30 semi synthetic

supplied and recommended by my local mr t

me GXi had a taste for that stuff - i think they have improved it since then (i'm going back to '02). if yo are following the service schedule of 10k between oil change i would defo use full synthetic - 10k is semi's max life, much too close for comfort for my liking but not lease companies? if you leave oil 10k use full synthetic - i use good stuff and change mush more frequent......... cheap insurance in my mind?

Yep Shell Helix is great stuff, but at my last service i used Millers XSS 10W40 Semi Synthetic, car runs like a dream on it. Millers 5w40 fully synthetic is also superb stuff....

I would only use Millers or that Shell Helix stuff in any of my cars.....

I change oil and filters every 5/6k

Yep Shell Helix is great stuff, but at my last service i used Millers XSS 10W40 Semi Synthetic, car runs like a dream on it. Millers 5w40 fully synthetic is also superb stuff....

cheers 4 that lads!!! i was wondereing if anybody has tried Castrol edge 5w40. fully synth. supposd 2 b good stuff im told.thinking of trying it.what do u think fellow t sport owners

cheers 4 that lads!!! i was wondereing if anybody has tried Castrol edge 5w40. fully synth. supposd 2 b good stuff im told.thinking of trying it.what do u think fellow t sport owners

Be good stuff, but its very expensive.....Millers XFS 5W40 Fully Synthetic would be just as good (if not better)....Millers stuff is very highly regarded...

Think the Millers is around £30-£35 mark for 5 litres, enough for a service and a good bit left over for top ups!

www.millersoils.co.uk

Put in Castrol 5w30 fully magnetec c at the last service, car runs great on it. You need over 4l for the cts.

Mine needs a top-up, and pretty darn soon.

Was thinking of using Castrol Edge 0W-40 Fully Synthetic, £39 for 4 Litres. Anyone had any experience with this oil?

Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 A1 is currently available for £14-50 for TWO litre pack at Tescos.

The good news is that it is on BOGOF :yahoo:

Bad news is..............Tescos closed at 4 today :unsure:

It's funny isn't it. Everyone just recommends what they use, and no 2 people seem to use the same.

I think as long as you go for a decent brand and don't use olive oil your car will be fine. You probably wouldn't notice any difference in the short term, and long term differences could be down to anything!

Oh, I use Amsoil Fully Synthetic 5w30. Click me. You'll get TOC discount too. Unsurprisingly the car runs great on it. :lol:

It's funny isn't it. Everyone just recommends what they use, and no 2 people seem to use the same.

I think as long as you go for a decent brand and don't use olive oil your car will be fine. You probably wouldn't notice any difference in the short term, and long term differences could be down to anything!

Oh, I use Amsoil Fully Synthetic 5w30. Click me. You'll get TOC discount too. Unsurprisingly the car runs great on it. :lol:

I put 5w30 duckhams semi in the last time, was in it for about 3k. It was grand like but the magnetec is better. Engine runs better on it. Before that it was whatever jemca toyota put in it. It was also ok but the duchhams was better than that again. Ill stick with the magnetec now, best of the 3.

I found with my mondeo the stuff it runs best on is the ford brand of motor oil, the 5w30. I put all different kinds into that, Shell, Castrol, maxol, all the correct grade for the engine. Sticking with the ford branded now. I dont know who makes it for them. One of the big oil companys i guess.

Then again could be all my imagination.

I put 5w30 duckhams semi in the last time, was in it for about 3k. It was grand like but the magnetec is better. Engine runs better on it. Before that it was whatever jemca toyota put in it. It was also ok but the duchhams was better than that again. Ill stick with the magnetec now, best of the 3.

I found with my mondeo the stuff it runs best on is the ford brand of motor oil, the 5w30. I put all different kinds into that, Shell, Castrol, maxol, all the correct grade for the engine. Sticking with the ford branded now. I dont know who makes it for them. One of the big oil companys i guess.

Then again could be all my imagination.

thanx lads!!! i used Castrol edge 5w40.costs 50 quid but mate got me a discount.paid 40 quid.car is running like a rocket.engine seems to have quietened down aswell. i mite just stick to mobil1 next time.

Thats quite true mate lol..wise words

;) When I was visiting family in Merseyside I went to Earlestown Bootsale,on a Saturday, (Next to Newton-LE-Willows) (I used to live there) There is a guy who was selling Castrol Edge but older stock with the older Formula RS, SLX name on them obviously old stock, (Various grades for £15 each or 2 for £25, 4 litre sizes) At my Hubbys request I bought 4 lots, should do us for a while , the guy is there weekly, usually in a bit in from the toilet block heading towards the garage, though at these prices he may not have any left?, but he does lots of cheap car paint, got a perfect match for my Camry (Paid £5 for 6. Oh & I also got some cheap quality bitumen roof repair paint, perfect when you live in an old Scottish cottage with original slate roof that leaks alot. anyway hope this may be of help to someone. :)

hi. every one

i am shakeel from hungary budapest.i have ts red .i just change the oil last night in toyota service after 2000 km .i have new engine in my ts.they put 5w 30.i dont think so is good for ts.what do thing guy i should change or wait?i would like to put 5w 40 Mobil 1 i think its good for engine.

thnaks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links