Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Road Speed Limiter

rplyons

Hiya,

I own a Citroen C1, which is a Diesel engine version - I was just wondering if it would be possible to have a Road Speed Limiter fitted to the car so that it would not exceed 70mph? I only ask as I see work vans driving around with "70mph maximum limited speed" written on them!?

Thanks,

Richard

:)

Hiya,

I own a Citroen C1, which is a Diesel engine version - I was just wondering if it would be possible to have a Road Speed Limiter fitted to the car so that it would not exceed 70mph? I only ask as I see work vans driving around with "70mph maximum limited speed" written on them!?

Thanks,

Richard

Why do you want to go to the trouble and expence of having one fitted to your car, when you can do it with your foot and eye :wacko:

And if it makes you feel better buy a sticker that say's you have a limiter fitted and you can't go faster than 70 MPH. it would be cheaper :rolleyes:

Hiya,

Thanks,

Richard

Why do you want to go to the trouble and expence of having one fitted to your car, when you can do it with your foot and eye :wacko:

And if it makes you feel better buy a sticker that say's you have a limiter fitted and you can't go faster than 70 MPH. it would be cheaper :rolleyes:

If anyone can answer my question I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Richard

Hiya,

Thanks,

Richard

Thanks,

Richard

Hello Richard........................I thought that the reply given was humourous and quite sensible ;)

However you could try this:

http://www.autokontrol.co.uk/documents/drivebywire.pdf

That is a serious answer :thumbsup: Give them a call :)

Hiya,

Thanks,

Richard

Thanks,

Richard

Hello Richard........................I thought that the reply given was humourous and quite sensible ;)

However you could try this:

http://www.autokontrol.co.uk/documents/drivebywire.pdf

That is a serious answer :thumbsup: Give them a call :)

Thank you for your assistance, this is exactly what I was after!

Richard

Hiya,

Thanks,

Richard

HAVE A GOOD LONG THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

:ffs:

Can I ask why you wish to have one fitted, just out of interest? Have you got someone else driving it who you wish to stay within 70mph for instance?

Regards

Andy

Hiya,

Thanks,

Richard

Thank you for your concern. Obviously with the maximum speed limit in the UK being 70mph for Cars, having a Road Speed Limiter fitted to 70mph simply means you cannot break the speed limit on motorways, which is what I'm after. Stress and other pressures on the mind sometimes makes people do rash things behind the wheel. Anyone that objects being limited to 70mph only wishes to lose their driving licence, which I cannot afford to do.

I can't see people's hatred for this simple question, it only limits your top speed...not engine speed or engine performance. 70mph is the fastest I only need to go as funny enough that's all Cars can do by Law.

Thanks,

Richard

Hiya,

Thanks,

Richard

Thank you for your concern. Obviously with the maximum speed limit in the UK being 70mph for Cars, having a Road Speed Limiter fitted to 70mph simply means you cannot break the speed limit on motorways, which is what I'm after. Stress and other pressures on the mind sometimes makes people do rash things behind the wheel. Anyone that objects being limited to 70mph only wishes to lose their driving licence, which I cannot afford to do.

I can't see people's hatred for this simple question, it only limits your top speed...not engine speed or engine performance. 70mph is the fastest I only need to go as funny enough that's all Cars can do by Law.

Thanks,

Richard

Easy Tiger :) (We need some love here)

I think that SW 88 was refering to the fact that work vans MIGHT be limited to LESS than 70 MPH.

Whilst I appreciate your need to stay within the law, there are certain times when the ability to go marginally over the 70MPH threshold may get you out of a dangerous on road situation.

Before anyone makes the comment I am not condoning speeding on public roads. :)

While I have respect for your wish to stay within the limits of

the law I realy think you're not thinking this through all the way.

With your car limited to 70mph you will have trouble overtaking someone who

is (for example) doing 68mph, making you uncomfortable driving behind them.

And if you think you can't loose your license with a limiter you'd be wrong, as you can

still do 60 in a 30-zone or worse. In The Netherlands this WILL cost you your license...

Considering the persons last post either this is a wind up or else people are now going to silly lengths to tie them to technology to stop them being "rash"

I can understand people arguing about car technology detecting whether someone has had too much drink to be able to drive, but this is just silly. It's not as if this is a car that whips you to 140mph and makes it seem like 80mph, this is a small 1 litre car we are talking about with a speedo the size of

MARS

in front of the driver.

If you cannot stay within 70mph considering those two facts you need to either take driving lessons again or see a psychiatrist. :rolleyes:

Regards

Andy

Am sorry I have to agree!

As above, I respect you for trying to drive within the speed limits and not break the law, but if you need a some techinical equipment to help you do that then you are obviously not paying enough attention to your driving which is far more dangerous than speeding.

Vans have limiters usually at lower than 70mph for varying reasons ie insurance for work vans, but I think this is a step to far to have one for personal use.

SJx

Agree fully with the last 2 posts.

You only need to use your foot & eyes to sort this problem out. I very rarely go over 70mph (only when overtaking) & try to stay below the speed limits most of the time. Sometimes though, you do need that bit of extra speed. IMHO a limiter would be a danger.

Our old school minbus was fitted with a speed limiting device - a self-tapping screw that had been fitted under the go-fast pedal to stop it moving through the manufacturer's intended arc !

Other thing to consider, which will not stop you, but warn you, is (I THINK) some TomToms will advise when you exceed the legal limit on the road.

This has the advantage of alterting you to any overspeed incident - not just exceeding 70.

Stress and other pressures on the mind sometimes makes people do rash things behind the wheel.

Then leave the car keys at home!

What do you do or how do you react with ‘stress and pressure’ in a 30mph zone or in a 20mph in a school zone at home time?

Do you do rash things often? Is there something underlying you want to tell us?

Obviously with the maximum speed limit in the UK being 70mph for Cars,

Yes, the maximum speed for any vehicle is 70mph, but that doesn’t mean you have to drive at 70. Maybe some driving discipline is required.

Am sorry I have to agree!

As above, I respect you for trying to drive within the speed limits and not break the law, but if you need a some techinical equipment to help you do that then you are obviously not paying enough attention to your driving which is far more dangerous than speeding.

Vans have limiters usually at lower than 70mph for varying reasons ie insurance for work vans, but I think this is a step to far to have one for personal use.

SJx

Not only because it is cheaper on insurance but for the same reason as lorrys. If they were not limited, then with a full load they would just be dangerously unsafe.

There is a long lorry that you are overtaking on a dual carriageway

The road without you noticing the sign changes into 1 lane.

Now this happened to me on and ff at the time I had a speed limiter I and the passengers could be dead.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links