Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stuttering Engine

ptg1174

hi guys my wifes 1999 1.0 vvti ( which she loves btw) has developed a slight juddering/stuttering problem when driving it comes and goes. also when sitting idling it seems it may cut out but never does i fitted a nearly new complete exhaust last year and was just wondering if anybody has any ideas what could be wrong as she is on my back to get her car fixed also when on the motor way she said the steering shakes please help me fix her car and get me some peace and quiet

thanks

ptg1174

hi guys my wifes 1999 1.0 vvti ( which she loves btw) has developed a slight juddering/stuttering problem when driving it comes and goes. also when sitting idling it seems it may cut out but never does i fitted a nearly new complete exhaust last year and was just wondering if anybody has any ideas what could be wrong as she is on my back to get her car fixed also when on the motor way she said the steering shakes please help me fix her car and get me some peace and quiet

thanks

ptg1174

You must F..F...F...F......F.....F....Fix that stutter if you want some peace and quiet :lol:

Could it be something to do with that speed pulse wire that you had previously enquired about?

Are all the electrical connections on the plugs and coils good and tight?

It appears that you are running the Yaris on a limited budget............(Fitting a nearly new exhaust last year)

When was the last time the Yaris had a full service?............................It might be a good idea to get an "independent" garage to carry out a tuning /service. This may identify the cause of the steering shake which could simply be a need to balance the wheels.

It looks like you might just have to prise open your wallet if you really want some peace and quiet. ;) :D

Good luck

Does it have petrol in it 8-) known someone to have posted before and not had any :P

i would check your spark plugs and leeds first dude! as for steering wheel, you may need to get your wheels balenced and checked, and check your brake disks also spesh if its shakin when your slowing down, these are a few of the things i would check.

i would check your spark plugs and leeds first dude! as for steering wheel, you may need to get your wheels balenced and checked, and check your brake disks also spesh if its shakin when your slowing down, these are a few of the things i would check.

That is exactly what I told him YESTERDAY:

"Are all the electrical connections on the plugs and coils good and tight?

When was the last time the Yaris had a full service?............................It might be a good idea to get an "independent" garage to carry out a tuning /service. This may identify the cause of the steering shake which could simply be a need to balance the wheels."

car was serviced last sept at toyota garage the exhaust was 2 months old when fitted came of friends car which was in a bad smash new pads and discs fitted last month i will get it tuned and balanced and see what happens

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links