Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ice (radio/cd) Problems

Phoenix999

Guys.... I have had a ferret through a few pages of past topics but can't find this subject having been covered.

My daughter's Aygo is having damn ICE problems, the radio/CD units appear to have a mind of their own :ffs:

She is now on her third unit as they sometimes don't turn on, sometimes come on some seconds or minutes after trying to turn it on, sometimes can't be turned off until the car is switched off :(

The technicians at our local dealer said this is a known problem with the units that are fitted into the Aygo and the Avensis.... seems odd to me!

Anyway, the dealer has no problem with changing the entire unit under warranty but has anyone else suffered with problems similar to this :unsure:

Guys.... I have had a ferret through a few pages of past topics but can't find this subject having been covered.

My daughter's Aygo is having damn ICE problems, the radio/CD units appear to have a mind of their own :ffs:

She is now on her third unit as they sometimes don't turn on, sometimes come on some seconds or minutes after trying to turn it on, sometimes can't be turned off until the car is switched off :(

The technicians at our local dealer said this is a known problem with the units that are fitted into the Aygo and the Avensis.... seems odd to me!

Anyway, the dealer has no problem with changing the entire unit under warranty but has anyone else suffered with problems similar to this :unsure:

Off topic but where did you get the picture from that is in your signture of the semi-naked bloke? I actually know the guy and I was very surprised to see him in your signture. Do you know him and does he know you are using his photo like that!?

Off topic but where did you get the picture from that is in your signture of the semi-naked bloke? I actually know the guy and I was very surprised to see him in your signture. Do you know him and does he know you are using his photo like that!?

Am I missing something Steve? :eek: ;) :lol:

Am I missing something Steve? :eek: ;) :lol:

I think we are both missing it :blink:

The point is, I came onto the Aygo forum and I am surprised to see a photo of a friend as part of SteveL's signture! That was a real shock as it was so out of context!!

I don't think he's that impressed that his image is being used like this either... but gawd knows how its so easily available in the first place!?

oh and slightly on Topic, not that this is any help, my cd player started to do this on my first Aygo, just turned itself off and on without any doing from me, but I was giving the Aygo back for the my new blue one so no idea what happened with it. But 3 times is a lot to keep going wrong.

miss_d_bus.... can I have a couple of glasses of what you are drinking :beer::cheers::drunk:

Well the way this thread has gone :offtopic: I don't care about the radio now :help:

miss_d_bus.... can I have a couple of glasses of what you are drinking :beer::cheers::drunk:

Well the way this thread has gone :offtopic: I don't care about the radio now :help:

Hey you've changed the picture to "Toyota Land Cruiser!"

It wasn't that image on my home computer...

as far as I have seen in the past few months it has always been the image you see now!

as far as I have seen in the past few months it has always been the image you see now!

I'll check when I get home then but it is definitely appearing on my home computer :eek:

This is very strange.... and kinda freaking me out!!

If it was just me then I would admit I'm seeing things but others have seen it too on my computer.

I'll check when I get home then but it is definitely appearing on my home computer :eek:

This is very strange.... and kinda freaking me out!!

If it was just me then I would admit I'm seeing things but others have seen it too on my computer.

I reckon it was your computer that has been drinking :drunk:

The signature you see has not changed for ages :)

Try a forced Refresh (Shift-F5 I believe), there might be a picture with the same name in your browsers' cache...

As for the radio, sounds annoying, but I never experienced

it in the 140km I had a factory radio in my Aygo ;)

Try a forced Refresh (Shift-F5 I believe), there might be a picture with the same name in your browsers' cache...

Must be Firefox then as it doesn't do it with IE!!!

I blame dodgy Facebook as to where the image originally came from!

So you can see I wasn't going entirely mad:

see.jpg

So you can see I wasn't going entirely mad:

see.jpg

Now that photo does not look like my Land Cruiser :blink:

:lol2: :lol::laughing:

I love this thread!! this is what I imagined Steve looked like anyway :unsure::lol:

Nooo,...............................Steves man boobs are much bigger than that ;) :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol2: :lol::laughing:

I love this thread!! this is what I imagined Steve looked like anyway :unsure::lol:

Nooo,...............................Steves man boobs are much bigger than that ;) :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Poor Steve, hijacked thread, poorly CD player and now Moobs!! :lol:

Well at least miss d bus has a young fit male stalking her on her computer :lol:

SJx

You probable got some script running on your firefox thats replacing picture links - the greasemonkey add-in allows this sort of thing but it would mean someone having access to your pc to install. Know anyone who would play a prank on you

Clearing out the cache sorted it!

You'd never guess that I'm a computer technician by day...

It just shocked me so much that my brain stopped thinking logically!!

It was the wording "Please call me Steve" that made it even more convincing!

All these years of using Mozilla and I've never ever seen anything so strange. At least the guy in the picture will happy!!

I am pleased that you can see the funny side of this post.

It has been an hilarious thread :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: .................................Thank You ;)

I am pleased that you can see the funny side of this post.

It has been an hilarious thread :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: .................................Thank You ;)

Yeah its funny and all the pictures out of the cache it could have picked too! Its surprised me as to how Firefox's cache works. I'd have thought it would be designed in such a way as not to do that. Clearly not. Maybe v.3 will be better!

Can you lot stop talking about my moobs :unsure::wacko::lol: The picture can't be of me as I am far too old, grey and fat :crybaby:

Back on topic.... My daughter is now going to complain to Toyota UK and the dealership regarding the inability to clear this problem. She said that there was a serious lack of co-ordinated information at the dealership and she reckons they did not even look at it last time hence the fault remains :ffs:

Clearing out the cache sorted it!

You'd never guess that I'm a computer technician by day...

It just shocked me so much that my brain stopped thinking logically!!

It was the wording "Please call me Steve" that made it even more convincing!

All these years of using Mozilla and I've never ever seen anything so strange. At least the guy in the picture will happy!!

hehe. what organisation do you work for? I have just have to put lots of encrypted hard drives in the majority of our staffs laptops. esp with this lost disc thing on the news.

to add to the thread: my CD player worked fine for the year i had it in the car and this was with my EQ hooked upto it also. give it a kick,

hehe. what organisation do you work for? I have just have to put lots of encrypted hard drives in the majority of our staffs laptops. esp with this lost disc thing on the news.

I work for a council in schools. Seems like a lot of what I do is sorting out vandalism :(

Most staff here don't have laptops and the important data is only available on site. It means that losing data is not such a concern though we probably should make it a higher priority than we do now (as should others!)