Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ae92 Corolla Gti

ch_shabs

hello everyone

wanted to know what is the purpose of the vents on the rear quarter panel as i was thinkin of removing them on my rolla.

any info would be good.

thanks

done mine. they are just that vent but as there is a vent behind the bumper it makes no odds. only thing you need to do is lengthen the sun roof drains as they go into these.

23052007017.jpg

the main reason why the rear arches rust out on the rollas, get rid of them quick :(

yeah that what ive been thinking about them, and now am goin to get new arches i dnt want them to rust so quick

done mine. they are just that vent but as there is a vent behind the bumper it makes no odds. only thing you need to do is lengthen the sun roof drains as they go into these.

23052007017.jpg

yeah thanks and how would i go about doing that

all you do is remove the vent and weld a patch in its place, grind down the weld carefully till its practically flush then get the fibreglass and filler out job done, as for the drain pipe, just put a smaller diameter pipe inside that and route it down behind the arch and remove the rubber grommet and poke outside B)

all you do is remove the vent and weld a patch in its place, grind down the weld carefully till its practically flush then get the fibreglass and filler out job done, as for the drain pipe, just put a smaller diameter pipe inside that and route it down behind the arch and remove the rubber grommet and poke outside B)

Thanks

when you fit the new arches make sure you apply loads of waxoil inside, not a spec of rust on mine since i did them about 6 years ago

when you fit the new arches make sure you apply loads of waxoil inside, not a spec of rust on mine since i did them about 6 years ago

shame they didn't do this from factory eh matey :rolleyes:

too true, it is odd though that the 1.3 GL has the same Shell but no rust! gotta be the sunroof. might change my roof next year as the sunroof weighs a ton.

very nearly got a gl Shell from the breakers to swap my stuff onto, it was mint.

just found a better pic of mine to show without vents. gotta say they do look a lot cleaner

DSCF0016-6.jpg

too true, it is odd though that the 1.3 GL has the same shell but no rust! gotta be the sunroof. might change my roof next year as the sunroof weighs a ton.

very nearly got a gl shell from the breakers to swap my stuff onto, it was mint.

just found a better pic of mine to show without vents. gotta say they do look a lot cleaner

DSCF0016-6.jpg

The car looks kool without the vents dawesy might do that on my corolla to :rolleyes: as for the sunroof was planning to take mine out too I don’t even use it lol so it’s pointless for me.

ps.Car looks good dawesy keep it up :thumbsup: also who won you or the civic? :D

erm IIRC the civic won that one as i had an embarrassing selector cable retention problem (clip came off :driving::blush: )

plus that civic does high 11 sec 1/4s (although so will i this year)

erm IIRC the civic won that one as i had an embarrassing selector cable retention problem (clip came off :driving::blush: )

plus that civic does high 11 sec 1/4s (although so will i this year)

dam them hondas :censor:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links