Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Extended Warranty

enyajtrebor

Our 54 plate Yaris VVTi is about to come out of Mr T 12 months sales warranty and we have been offered the option for another 12 months @ £345.

I can't find the full terms and conditions anywhere (they didn't come with the paperwork). I need to view them before I make the final decision - any ideas where I can find them ?

No details but you will need to find out which one you are on about as Toyota will do their own as well as the garage you go to.

Personally if you have had your car fully serviced at every interval and continue to do without any previous problems I wouldn't bother.

Our 54 plate Yaris VVTi is about to come out of Mr T 12 months sales warranty and we have been offered the option for another 12 months @ £345.

I can't find the full terms and conditions anywhere (they didn't come with the paperwork). I need to view them before I make the final decision - any ideas where I can find them ?

You really need to obtain the full terms and conditions from the dealer who is offering you the extended warranty. I would definitely do that and read them carefully before deciding.

Personally, I think that, on balance, it is better to keep the money with extended warranties because they are rarely used. If we all took out these warranties on everything they are offered on it would cost us a small (or not so small) fortune! However, it's about peace of mind at the end of the day and what buys that is a personal thing. So, if you feel better taking one out that's all that matters ;)

Toyota extended warranties are nothing like the rubbish provided by Fred in the shed, they are an extension to the manufacturers warranty. If it was covered when it was new, it will be covered with the extended warranty. Here is what Toyota say

A Toyota warranty is an extension of the original warranty on your new or used vehicle. If a part covered by the warranty suffers a failure, we'll fix it. It's as simple as that: nothing to pay for replacement parts or labour, just routine servicing and maintenance costs.

And here are some benefits, most of which (if not all) you wouldnt get from Fred!

Car hire included

Our warranties are designed to keep you on the road. If your vehicle is confined to the garage because a covered part has failed, you can claim up to 5 days' car hire to a maximum of £45 per day (including VAT) after the first 24 hours.

Hotel expenses

If you break down away from home and your vehicle can't be restarted, your Toyota warranty will minimise inconvenience by allowing you to claim one night's hotel accommodation up to £150 (including VAT).

MOT test cover - a real bonus

In the unlikely event your vehicle fails its MOT test, a Toyota warranty will protect you against unexpected repair bills. As long as the vehicle is repaired and then passes, your warranty will pay for repairs or replacement of covered parts, up to the vehicle's purchase price. All you have to pay is the original MOT test fee and the first £10 of any repair costs covered by the Toyota warranty.

Free Club Toyota membership

When you buy a Toyota extended warranty you will receive free Club Toyota membership for the duration of the warranty. This entitles you to the many benefits featured in our Club Toyota section whilst saving you the normal annual membership fee.

Nationwide network of repairers

Any authorised Toyota Centre or Toyota Service Outlet will carry out repair work for you under a Toyota warranty, so you can choose who you deal with. You can enjoy peace of mind knowing that Toyota trained technicians will only fit Toyota genuine parts.

When you compare prices and coverage with some of the online extended warranties, you will see the Toyota package is better than any of the competition

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links