Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yay! Finally Got One

Wakey-T-Sport

and can quite easily prove things through petrol payments, CCTV etc.

CCTV? How do they know where you buy your petrol? Get a grip. Monitor you 24/7 there is no way of proving anything.

CCTV? How do they know where you buy your petrol? Get a grip. Monitor you 24/7 there is no way of proving anything.

2 very easy ways - petrol stations log all registration numbers, credit/debit card payments (if you pay by card obviously), nectar cards and clubcards etc.

You're missing the point though, the insurance company don't have to prove anything to refuse to pay out, they would only have to prove it if you took them to court over it, so for a claim of tens of thousands of pounds where they think someone's fronting under daddy's insurance it's worth a bit of digging to get out of it.

Not at the Leeds branch, Silkwood Park is closer for me!

By the way i'm due a 50k service!!! ;)

:lol:

u been 2 silkwood before mate? i wrk there normally have fot past 3yrs only in last month been at leeds n only there till 29th of august :)

lol if u need it doin i cud get u discount most likely :)

n ref gear box prob u mean wen they dont like going into 3rd some times?

2 very easy ways - petrol stations log all registration numbers, credit/debit card payments (if you pay by card obviously), nectar cards and clubcards etc.

You're missing the point though, the insurance company don't have to prove anything to refuse to pay out, they would only have to prove it if you took them to court over it, so for a claim of tens of thousands of pounds where they think someone's fronting under daddy's insurance it's worth a bit of digging to get out of it.

My 2 pence worth, I know someone who had a crash and people from the insurance company simply knocked on the doors of his neighbours and asked them who drove the car most often, luckily for him at least one said that his mum drove the car, even though she didnt very often, she was named as the main driver.

At least the cars insured from a 3rd party perspective thats the main thing for me.

I have problems with reverse 2nd and 3rd. But compared to other cars, the whole gear box is extremely hard. When I drive my gf's polo the first few gear changes I almost rip the gear lever out of the car as I am used to putting a lot of effort into it and hers near enough falls straight into gear as soon as you touch it.

I did speak to a toyota mechanic a long time ago and he said he put a washer on the bolt that screwed into the top of the gearbox and that made the changes silky smooth. I tried it briefly with a randow metal washer I found but that didn't make a difference for me, so no idea if I used a rubbish washer or it just doesn't work in all cases.

I have problems with reverse 2nd and 3rd. But compared to other cars, the whole gear box is extremely hard. When I drive my gf's polo the first few gear changes I almost rip the gear lever out of the car as I am used to putting a lot of effort into it and hers near enough falls straight into gear as soon as you touch it.

I did speak to a toyota mechanic a long time ago and he said he put a washer on the bolt that screwed into the top of the gearbox and that made the changes silky smooth. I tried it briefly with a randow metal washer I found but that didn't make a difference for me, so no idea if I used a rubbish washer or it just doesn't work in all cases.

In my car it certainly doesn't like to be rushed, changing slowly and the gearbox is smooth, but rush it and it is easy to hit nothing.

Iv just 3ed when the car cold but its not bad, no problems with other gears and my gearbox has nearly 90k on it. Gearboxes have been known to give problems, bearings mainly. By the way lad when the car is in gear do you have a little bit of play in the gear stick, side to side movement i mean. I was in a 1.6 few weeks ago and its gearbox did, Toyota trait? Not talking about excessive movement

Not at the Leeds branch, Silkwood Park is closer for me!

By the way i'm due a 50k service!!! ;)

:lol:

u been 2 silkwood before mate? i wrk there normally have fot past 3yrs only in last month been at leeds n only there till 29th of august :)

lol if u need it doin i cud get u discount most likely :)

Yup, had the 40k service done there in February!! :lol:

lol u gt pics of ur car mate? tell u if reconise it cos there rare coming into us tbh.

Driving as a named driver and using the car more often then the parent is so common as how is a young person meant to get insurance in the first place quotes tend to be nearly 3000 single for a young male up to a 1.4 litre thats ridiculous so you can see why so many people do it. Insurance companies are not stupid either have you ever noticed if you take a quote yourself as a mature driver the quote is normally around 300 on average p ut a young driver on your policy even under yourparents it jumps to nearly 2000 or more depending on the car.

You are not meant to drive it more then the main user as being a named driver is normally just driving occasionally under the policy holder however the thing is insurance companies cannot prove this and even in the even of the claim you must declare who was the driver at the time. The main thing is what your policy covers the drivers for, Social, Domestic, Pleasure a place of work etc but thats why you tell them what the car will be used for.

Named drivers are not in much luck anyway so insurance companies do not care how many times they drive the car they do not earn NCB and companies offering additional drivers NCB only allow them to use them with the same insurer so it wont count later anyway and even when you get your NCB they will charge you so much regardless the next year that youll be cheaper not taking the insurance with them and using your tiny NCB that you can only use with that company.

Insurance is a tricky game if you are at fault in an accident an insurance company hates paying out, if it isnt your fault they arent really bothered.

Regardless its not bad you are insured and enjoy driving im under my parents on two cars!

lol u gt pics of ur car mate? tell u if reconise it cos there rare coming into us tbh.

Looks like yours, but without the tints and i've got a TTE Back box on it!

After having it serviced some sales bloke did ask if i'd sell it to the dealership!! :lol:

Looks like yours, but without the tints and i've got a TTE Back box on it!

After having it serviced some sales bloke did ask if i'd sell it to the dealership!! :lol:

its possible that i cud have done it lol

n :lol: at sales men yea they will have wanted 2 buy it in for me i asked for them to get em one since january :(

:lol: I travelled all the way to Derby for mine!!

If you're free this Sunday mate there's a Northern TOC meet at Xscape :thumbsup:

:lol: I travelled all the way to Derby for mine!!

If you're free this Sunday mate there's a Northern TOC meet at Xscape :thumbsup:

im off on a course on sunday :(

and im argueing with the dealers to sort me the car out of tomorrow cos they say will be monday now before i get it and said thats nt *king good enough i put the deposit down on the car last saturday!

just because you put £100 of fuel in your car a week doesnt prove how many miles you do.

If you think that will convince a jury then fine. :thumbsup:

just because you put £100 of fuel in your car a week doesnt prove how many miles you do.

If you think that will convince a jury then fine. :thumbsup:

Yeah

ok.

just lock me up now!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links