Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Build

Saints

Hi

Thinking of getting a Yaris 1.4D SR. I have read horror stories on the Internet about build quality of the french built cars. I also read the SR and T-Spirt are both made in Japan, is this true? Or is it only the 1.8 SR that is.

Any comments

Well I had two French built Yaris' with no problems

There's no evidence to support the theory that French are worse than Japanese, nothing at all. There are bad apples in every orchard and even Japanese built can go wrong!

Load of poppycuck!

T-Spirit is made in France I believe....

We had a Phase 1 T-Sport (Japan) and currently have a Phase 2 Blue (France), both of which were and still is used pretty much daily with no problems.

As Em says above, you are always gonna get the odd 'Friday afternoon' car whereever it was made. You also have the excellent Toyota Reliability too anyway.

We had a Phase 1 T-Sport (Japan) and currently have a Phase 2 Blue (France), both of which were and still is used pretty much daily with no problems.

As Em says above, you are always gonna get the odd 'Friday afternoon' car whereever it was made. You also have the excellent Toyota Reliability too anyway.

Thanks for your comments. This is pretty much what I thought, I have never had any real reliability issues with any of the Toyota's I have had.

Guess I'll order it tomorrow.

It seems that cars in recent years seem to develop faults more after a few years of use, rather then when they are new.

mmmm.... I can only cite one Yaris that I owned plus a couple of loan cars (all 2008 TR and T2 spec) and I would say the build quality is dire. Toyota are clearly becoming very complacent.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links