Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Mounting Problems

kenbarkeruk

Hi all, have two problems with my st185,firstly when i let of the throttle quickly or when i accelerate sharply or change gear there is a knock from i would say directly bellow the gear stick when engine rocks back n forward so i presume it is a worn engine mounting or gearbox mounting but unsure of which one. Secondly my speedo seems too respond very slow when just hitting 60mph or decelerating from high speed,is this normal? couldf it be to do with my 16 inch wheels?

Any replies will be much appreciated.

Ben

possibly the rear engine mount but could just as likely be the rear diff cushion a look underneath should identify which one.

as for the speedo if yours is an import with an MPH converter fitted it could be this.

Thanks for the reply dawsey,will have a look underneath at wkend.My car is a uk model,im baffled. Anything to do with tha ABS possibly?

dunno, ive noticed it on a few 4s but most are imports so put it down to that, could just be a slightly lazy speedo.

Maybe worth checking the rear diff mount as these are prone to wear and result in a knock when lifting off.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links