Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trying To Charge My Iphone In The Aygo

Lister2020

I bought one of those cigarette port to 2 usb adapters. It works fine with the n95 (and a usb cable) in either port. However it doesnt work with the iPhone.

I thought the lead i got was dodgy so I tried my official docking lead, and it doesnt work in the car either. Why would this be? and is there a usb to iPhone cable that I can get that will work in the adapter in the car so that I can charge the n95 and the iPhone at the same time?

Plug your iPhone into ur pc to check if the software on it is the latest, up-to-date versions - my iPod didnt work on any aftermarket headunits after a software update on it

Plug your iPhone into ur pc to check if the software on it is the latest, up-to-date versions - my iPod didnt work on any aftermarket headunits after a software update on it

It is, its plugged in every day to my comp.

They just don't work. The iPhone would need to load the drivers onto the "device" for it work therefore cannot work with that item. You need to buy an ipod car charger for it to charge in car. Buy a cigarette lighter double socket to avoid this problem.

On a side note. My friends iPhone works playing music through my Pioneer HU but its hit and miss as to whether it will charge his iPhone aswell.

Its a design fault with the phone that it has to recognise being connected to a pc. Almost any other phone will charge just fine in the car!

Not true. My Samsung would never charge using my USB adaptor.

Still, it is more than possible for the iPhone to charge off any usb port, if they didn't require that its hooked up to a pc

(PS3 is getting drivers to charge it from what i understand)

I have already bought all the kit that I need and I dont really want to have to replace all of it just to be able to charge the iPhone

I can charge it in the house at night but i would really prefer to be able to charge it in the car if i was say away for the weekend or something like that! grrr arrrgh etc and so fourth :(

Forgot to mention my dads Samsung charges fine in the car with a usb adapter tho his is windows mobile phone if that makes a difference

I have found that some devices won't charge on a PC without the drivers!

I have a 3 way ciggie plug behind the radio and just run the satnav charger upto the gap above the steering wheel as pictured somewhere on these forums and my phone charger to the middle section behind the cup holders. I will take photos later so you can see what I mean.

Can you charge an iPhone using Apple's USB-wallcharger???

And have you tried plugging the iPhon-DOCK into the car-charger???

Can you charge an iPhone using Apple's USB-wallcharger???

And have you tried plugging the iPhon-DOCK into the car-charger???

yes ive tried usin the iPhone dock

Does the adaptor state its power output. Should be 500ma per usb port to match a PC. I've had a usb car charger before that didnt charge my GPS dongle because it only powered 320ma.

Does the adaptor state its power output. Should be 500ma per usb port to match a PC. I've had a usb car charger before that didnt charge my GPS dongle because it only powered 320ma.

No I dont think it does, suppose I could try and find the link on eBay that I bought it with and check it

No I dont think it does, suppose I could try and find the link on eBay that I bought it with and check it

Yeah to me thats the most likely, its doesnt seem an uncommon problem as I've come across a few USB chargers like this.

I bit the bullet and ordered a dual socket adapter and a car charger for the iPhone. Still annoyed bout it though GRRRRR