Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking To Buy A New 2.2d Sr

PSM

Just joined the forum and as the title suggests I am looking to purchase a new SR Verso 2.2D. I have a few questions and hope I can find some answers/experiences on here.

Firstly, I test drove it on the weekend and was very impressed with the smooth quiet drive. I see the car as a large 5 seater with the ability to carry an extra 2 for the odd day out. I currently have 1 child and thinking about a 2nd and it would be nice to be able to take the kid(s) and grandparents out in the same car and not have to go in convoy (even with 1 child it is a squeeze to get 2 adults in the back of the Civic or Octavia I currently own due to the size of the child seat).

The questions I have are:

What is the average fuel ecomony people get on mixed driving? (I do about 20 miles each way to work on a mix of A,B roads and motorway)?

Is the tech pack worth purchasing (If you were to buy the car again would you have the tech pack)?

I have seen that Toyota do a protection strip for the back bumper. Does this only come in the protection pack or can it be bought separately and if so how much is it?

What is a realistic price for a 2.2D SR from a dealer? (I have seen a target price of £17200 but is this what people normally get)

Would you buy another Verso if given the choice (if not why not)?

Cheers in advance for any replies and sorry for the long list of questions.

Peter

Had my SR 2.2 since 25 April. First couple of tanks gave 44MPG, then a 46MPG mixed driving. Just had my first long trip (350 miles each way) and MPG was reading 55/56 on the computer but I believe this is optimistic, but trip was telling me the tank would have made it past 500 miles. Car has just gone past the 1,200 miles run in period so I am looking forward to using more of the rev range and the MPG figures improving (not both at the same time :) )

I have to say compared to a French diesel I find the engine noisy, almost van like at times but not annoying.

When you accelerate hard the exhaust does seem to belch out a lot of soot.

The acceleration for such a big car is very good.

The arm rests on the front row seats seem a bit short.

Cruise control is a bit fiddly (probably just takes getting used to) and only has one light so you don't know if it is canceled or not.

Shape of the car seems very good at coping with crosswinds, something I was wary of when getting a people carrier.

Parking sensor disable switch could be in a better place, it's easy to knock when stowing the boot cover.

As for child seats even with an ISOfix and a booster with back in row 2 you still have space for a 6' 4" adult.

As for price, mine went through the dealers system at £17,539.00 but I used Toyota finance which reduced the price by £1,000 and I got a very good trade in price for my car. I would say anything around the £17,000 mark is good.

Not sure what the tech pack gives you but if it is just bluetooth then make sure you particular mobile works with it and that you never change your mobile. There are lots of incompatibilities with different bluetooth systems. Personally I would use a £20 earpiece that I can take anywhere and save £480.

So far I would say yes I would buy another Verso, ask me again in a few years time :)

1 --- yes I would purchase another verso

2--- you can achieve around 45 mpg with ease but it does depend on how you drive and the type of journeys you make

3--- I had rear and front sensors fitted and find them invaluable although you do get some false readings sometimes

4 ----regarding the purchasing of a new Verso please read the links below the same applies no matter what make or model you buy !! take your time to get the best deal !! its a buyers market out there !! I used Carfile they were very good and all dealings were done through a Toyota dealer and they took my trade in

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...ic=77611&hl

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...ic=81636&hl

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77205

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77423

One last thing it may be worth sending Parts King an email he works for a Toyota dealership in the parts department and is a forum member he may be able through there sales department to sort out a good deal for you ( I do not know how far there dealerships are from you

http://www.lindoptoyota.co.uk/

Cheers for the replies.

I have now done the deal with the local dealer. Got a 2.2D SR in Dacuma Grey with the tech pack, full mats, protection strip for top of back bumper and a tank full of fuel. The price of the car was £17,700 (similar price to the Carfile and Drivethe Deal websites) and I have £10k on o% finance. I did not quite get as much as I wanted on the trade in value of my Civic but as stated in some of the links provided you can not get a good discount on the new car price and good trade in (all about the change price). All in all the deal appears to be a good one. Also as a bonus they appear to have upped the spec on the SRs so we now also get a 6 disc changer and front parking sensors :D .

I thought I should be able to get 2 child seats and an adult in the back so glad to see that has been confirmed.

Hertsnmind: The tech pack also gives you an ipod connection to the stereo and allows you to control the ipod from the controls on the steering wheel. I already have a haedset but find that I keep forgeting to charge it so it is dead when I come to use it. My brother has a bluetooth connextion in his Punto and it works very well so hoping the toyota one is as good!!!!

I found the diesel engine very quite on the test drive. Although my other car is an Octavia VRS PD diesel (VAG diesel) and I think these are probably some of the loudest diesels around. Refined it is not but a huge amount of power and fun!!!

Cheers for the replies.

I have now done the deal with the local dealer. Got a 2.2D SR in Dacuma Grey with the tech pack, full mats, protection strip for top of back bumper and a tank full of fuel. The price of the car was £17,700 (similar price to the Carfile and Drivethe Deal websites) and I have £10k on o% finance. I did not quite get as much as I wanted on the trade in value of my Civic but as stated in some of the links provided you can not get a good discount on the new car price and good trade in (all about the change price). All in all the deal appears to be a good one. Also as a bonus they appear to have upped the spec on the SRs so we now also get a 6 disc changer and front parking sensors :D .

I thought I should be able to get 2 child seats and an adult in the back so glad to see that has been confirmed.

Hertsnmind: The tech pack also gives you an ipod connection to the stereo and allows you to control the ipod from the controls on the steering wheel. I already have a haedset but find that I keep forgeting to charge it so it is dead when I come to use it. My brother has a bluetooth connextion in his Punto and it works very well so hoping the toyota one is as good!!!!

I found the diesel engine very quite on the test drive. Although my other car is an Octavia VRS PD diesel (VAG diesel) and I think these are probably some of the loudest diesels around. Refined it is not but a huge amount of power and fun!!!

Glad you got the deal you wanted I am sure you will be pleased with the Verso !!

Also as a bonus they appear to have upped the spec on the SRs so we now also get a 6 disc changer and front parking sensors
That was not standard kit on my April SR spec so you have an even better deal there.

With a 6 disc MP3 playing ICE unit and an iPod connection you could spend days in the car and be entertained :)

Happy motoring :driving: